Outlander Labs’ Senior Partner and investor in 100+ startups Paige Craig is seeking a Chief of Staff to help leverage his time, meet with founders, LPs, and other investors, and diligence deals.
Outlander Labs’ is a diverse team of partners investing in disruptive and fast-growing technology companies. The fund currently operates a seed fund, growth fund, and SPAC practice. The firm is based in Atlanta, Georgia and employs a diverse team working locally and remotely to identify, fund, and support early and late-stage technology companies. The founding partners are successful founders who have 12 years of experience investing, 15 years of experience operating startups, and were the first and/or earliest investors in Wish, Lyft, Postmates, Scale, Gusto, Bird, ID.me, AngelList, and a hundred more.
About the role:
- This role is a challenging yet exceptional opportunity for a recent MBA or a startup founder/entrepreneur/operator to get eye-level and extensive exposure to all facets of venture capital and accelerate their career.
- The role entails great trust and responsibility and will give you access to a wide range of deals, investors, startups, limited partners, and exposure across multiple investing strategies.
- It is also an intense job—you may need to be available at 2 am to prepare for an investor call in Beijing; or crunch over a busy weekend to support diligence on a fast-moving venture deal.
- The role allows you to work remotely and has the opportunity for occasional travel to support the senior partner and the funds’ initiatives.
- Act as a strategic advisor to partner and senior management
- Implement and follow through on key tasks and initiatives of the senior partner. Ensure these initiatives are completed quickly and accurately and keep the partner informed of progress and seek counsel as needed
- Take meetings with prospective investors, LPs and founders and expedite their access to the partner and fund
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the senior partner’s interest in new deals and emerging investment strategies
- Research perspective deals, trends and industries and present findings to the partner and exec team
- Represent partner in meetings, by email, and phone calls with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the partner’s calendar and prioritize their time and schedule
- Draft letters, emails, reports, and other correspondence on behalf of the partner and fund
- Support partner in meetings by taking notes, developing insights and opinions and assuming responsibility for completion of action items
- Act as the liaison between partner and other executives, clients, and stakeholders to ensure consistent communication and involvement or decision-making at the proper time
- Participate with the partner and senior management team in strategic planning, policy development, and decision-making
- Ensure timely and effective completion of projects and initiatives of the partner
- Research and recommend new and revised policies and strategies
- Create and maintain systems and processes to streamline operations
- Maintain accurate confidential files and data records
- Analytical skills and comfort with data
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Critical thinking
- Positive outlook
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Professional degree required
- 3+ years in a business or executive management role
- Bonus: previous experience as a founder/entrepreneur/operator
- Bonus: previous experience with computer science/software development
- Track record of organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Highly experienced with Excel or Google Sheets for reporting and analytics
If you're ready to break into venture capital and ready for a rewarding, yet demanding role, please apply here.