CHIEF OF STAFF / VP BUSINESS OPERATIONS - REMOTE- PACIFIC TIME ZONE
Elevation Capital - is a group of internationally impactful companies spanning consumer packaged goods, hospitality, technology, real estate, non-profit, and venture funding. Run by a self-made founder and serial entrepreneur, and a team of highly capable executives across business units, the business operates globally with interests in US, Canada, Europe, and the Caribbean. With wholly owned companies in a range of growth stages and an ever-expanding investment portfolio, this group jointly serves a global vision to create an evolved world where humanity serves our highest purpose. Our mission is to create and deploy capital for a better world.
THE PORTFOLIO COMPANY
This key leadership role is in a high-growth, high-energy, high-profit portfolio company of big thinkers and big doers. It is a consumer-packaged goods and beverage company with a history of strong profitable growth as the number one product and brand in its emerging category. Through its expanding network of sales and distribution, they are building a team to take current and new products to the global market and achieve exponential growth. With most of the leadership team formed, the opportunity is upon them to 10X-100x the category and bring the innovation mainstream and achieve a highly lucrative exit.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Your key focus in this position will be to enable the founder and CEO to focus his time on the most impactful areas of high-level vision and strategy. This will include working across a vast array of cross-functional c level executives, including but not limited to sales, finance, marketing, and ops. You will bring a background and thorough understanding of organizational management strategies allowing you to be the ultimate resource in driving complex challenges through providing strategic direction, ensuring deliverables are met and managing project timelines.
You are our company’s master generalist and infinite learner, acting as a gatekeeper, project manager, and problem solver, you will keep the executives organized, boost morale, and increase productivity. Your ability to learn quickly, juggle multiple projects, work autonomously, and excellence in organization will be beneficial to prioritizing and managing company goals. You will be creating structure and growth through Rockefeller Habits and the methodology of Scaling Up authored by Verne Harnish.
The ability to think on your feet, take charge, be creative, and be reliable are key traits we are looking for in this position. We are seeking someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and enjoys diving into unknown territory where they are constantly developing new skills in different avenues.
Your expertise enables you to troubleshoot issues before they even happen and bring sound solutions to various problems as they arise, quickly! You will be a valued confidant to the founder and the company’s executives- their success relies heavily on you.
With success this role provides the opportunity to move into other functions such as COO, Head of Talent Etc.
WHO YOU ARE
Passionate - You love business and are highly proficient in all elements of it. You have a passion for creating order out of chaos within all parts of the business from finance to marketing to legal.
Brilliant - You are incredibly intelligent; you know it and so do the people around you, yet you maintain a strong sense of humility that allows you to be a very effective team player and leader of other brilliant and ambitious people. You move fast, challenge greatness, and play the chess game many moves ahead.
Highly Organized -You are proficient at establishing personal and business operating systems to manage large amounts of complexity and can execute at a high pace, in environments of rapid change, high pressure, and complexity.
Leader - You have a natural style of leadership that attracts highly talented people and inspires them to find, hold and conquer mountains, as a team. You have a group of people that follow you to where you go, are a great judge of talent, and are a strong force for creating an unstoppable winning culture.
Relentless - You have deep internal motivation to win and have a clear track record of perseverance and accomplishment under difficult circumstances. You are at a place in your life where you are prepared to dedicate yourself to your work and you are ready to build something meaningful on a global scale.
- Ensuring maximized efficiency and effectiveness of all meetings with the CEO, including supporting the Management Team in meetings which could include planning and facilitation, advising the agenda, guiding the discussion, bringing together notes and action items and assuming responsibility for completion of action items
- Compiling compelling presentations and coordinate the collection of information for executive meetings, internal town halls and other internal and external events critical to informing and inspiring key business stakeholders
- Developing fluency across numerous parts of the business including P&L management, supply chain operations, marketing and promotion, and organizational design, while working to ensure collaboration and flawless execution in all areas of responsibility
- Partnering with the founder to soundboard ideas and strategy to achieve a multi business executive team achieving peak performance and following through with the implementation
- Lead special projects and programs. This includes key strategic initiatives that impact the overall success of the company as well as team culture initiatives to help support a healthy organization. Some projects will span beyond the scope of a single group, requiring cross-company collaboration
- Supporting organization by Leading in key functions absent a strategic leader or in transition
- Located in the Pacific Time Zone
- 5+ years in operations or business leadership with P and L or business unit level functionality and responsibility
- 5+ years of experience as Chief of Staff or similar executive role reporting to and supporting an executive, founder, or entrepreneur
- 5+ years of experience in an early-stage startup or hyper-growth environment
- 5+ years of project management and data analytics experience
- Experience partnering with founder/exec/ entrepreneur to manage and organize executives and executive teams for peak performance in a multi-business structure. You build relationships with other stakeholders, become everyone’s main point of contact so that all communications go though you first.
- Ability to recruit, source, and screen high caliber talent, quickly and efficiently. Experience in people and people management support that drives performance through a performance management system.
- Ability to pivot quickly, stay calm under pressure, and streamline processes in a fast paced, high growth, and chaotic environment
- Great with People: persuasive, influential and great motivator. Get impossible things done, while people still like them. Strong track record of building, maintaining, and developing positive relationships. Ability to get anyone on the phone, proven experience. Fantastic negotiator, good at getting people to say yes.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft O365, G Suite, Mac, et al. and implementing technology to make the team more efficient and effective
- Very organized: Project management skills, Gantt charts, pert, timelines, official project management and project portfolio management experience. As a master juggler of all tasks can provide specific details, strong track record of organizing complicated projects within tight timelines, stores things in organized fashion, communicates in clear and concise fashion, able to communicate complex topics in an articulate manner.
- Very fast: thinks, speaks, and moves fast while remaining highly detailed and accurate
- Highly adaptable: extremely change ready. Brings stability, structure, and profitability to a dynamic environment. Emotionally grounded - strong EQ (emotional intelligence) and emotional control. Knows how to handle hot people and hot environments without breaking a sweat. Hustle mentality with strong endurance but is self-managing with their time.
- Experience supporting a globally distributed team
- Strong strategic planning and financial and business acumen
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline, i.e., Business
- Experience within the CPG, Consumer Health, and/or pharmaceutical industries
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification
- Experience supporting the formation and activation of key resources in public relations and government relations in the US and abroad.
- Experience managing special projects like buying real estate, engaging celebrities, and supporting preparation for key speeches and publicity events.
- Must be able to work outside of business hours, late evenings and weekends when needed.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Profit Sharing & Equity Plan
- Generous Vacation and Paid Time Off including 1 week vacation over Christmas and New Year’s
This is one of the most valuable roles in the organization and compensation will match the skill and effort required for this role. An aggressive base salary will be provided in this position, with an additional lucrative profit share program. A generous options package will be provided in this role so that you participate in short-, medium- and long-term liquidity events in our organization. Full medical benefits will be provided along with a 3-week vacation in addition to a Christmas week break.
If you are the candidate we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. As we receive many resumes, please include a cover letter highlighting your specific areas of experience that make you a perfect candidate for this position.