Chief of Staff | Technology
We have great people here and are looking for more. Come join us - you will love it!
Our mission is to provide the foundation of trust and safety our clients need to create great environments for their most essential resource, people. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe.
Most importantly, we make decisions and live by our values:
- It’s All About People
- The Client is Always in the Room
- Deliver Results: They Matter
- Start with Trust and Prove It Everyday
People are at the core of everything we do at Sterling. We help our clients create great environments for their workers, partners, and customers as they build strong cultures founded on trust and safety. Sterling makes an impact by enabling our clients to make smarter, faster, and safer hiring decisions, all driven by our partnership approach. We are committed to hiring and developing a diverse group of colleagues who collaborate successfully in a global, virtual-first environment. And did we mention that we have fun while doing all of this?
Interested in joining a company doing big things for the world? Apply today.
About The Role:
This exciting, trusted role is the right-hand person to the CTO and their leadership team to drive day to day activities, strategic planning when needed, and enhance employee engagement and change management throughout the CTO organization. We are looking for someone who will bring a tremendous amount of agility, ability to think on their feet, handle multiple different types of activities in a single day and move multiple areas forward quickly. Your passion, technical and business acumen, and excellent organizational, project management, communication, and interpersonal skills will inspire our teams and rapidly establish trust amongst a diverse set of stakeholders and customers.
This Is What You’ll Do:
- Be a trusted advisor and brainstorming partner to the CTO and Tech leadership team
- Drive creation and ongoing evolution of a Technology strategy tied to business strategy by working with technology leadership team and other stakeholders
- Lead and guide change management throughout the technology organization
- Help initiate and launch strategic ideas by providing early facilitation until a more formal project is established
- Drive urgency and focus to address pressing business issues that need immediate attention
- Partner with Finance on management of the Technology budget and ensure that financial targets are met
- Make connections across the enterprise that others may not see
- Provide independent, informed, unbiased insight including on the ground feedback
- Negotiate in a collaborative manner, where parties act as true peers, feedback is considered, and decisions are shared
- Set ambitious but realistic goals for self and team, geared to organizational objectives
- Ensure execution of strong stakeholder Communications and Change Management plans across the enterprise, leveraging synergies and identifying gaps.
- Identify training needs and influence improvement through training within the assigned organization
- Work closely with a variety of internal clients and partners within all functional areas of the business to ensure a path for innovation and value realization
This Is What We're Looking For:
- 8-12+ years Chief of Staff role experience at a preferably in a technology organization
- Technology consulting experience strongly preferred
- Ability to wear multiple hats throughout the day from tactical to strategic
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Strong experience planning & executing regular townhalls and offsites
- Energetic and upbeat “can do” attitude
- Ability to navigate and address conflict
- Very comfortable presenting to CEO & other executives and driving meaning full conversations at multiple levels of organization
- Experience driving large scale change management & mind-set shift
- Strong understanding of project and portfolio management disciplines, Agile, governance processes, and executive reporting
- Strong understanding of the agile software development lifecycle
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills, including a track record developing credibility with and supporting senior managers on the effective internal communication of major decisions and emerging strategic issues
- A track record in leading and delivering complex large-scale projects and partnerships, often managing a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong financial analysis and budget planning and management experience and skills
- A good understanding of the current diversity agenda and its relationship to internal communications
The pay range for this position is $160,000 to $200,000. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible to participate in the Annual Incentive bonus plan. A full range of benefits including but not limited to medical, financial, unlimited sick time, 22 days’ vacation annually (for FT workers; prorated 1st year of employment), parental leave and other benefits are also provided. This information is provided per several state and local Equal Pay and Pay Transparency Laws. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Sterling’s internal or external careers site.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Sterling
Sterling is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions), gender identity and expression, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Sterling is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment individuals regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions), gender identity and expression, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, military service and genetic information; and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.