Chief of Staff | Software Engineering
At Intel, you will join an award-winning team that delivers high impact to our customers. The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) is responsible for Intel's FPGA, structured ASIC portfolio to create and deliver the best-in-class solutions. Today, PSaS is at the forefront of FPGA innovation with its Quartus software, supporting the next-generation Intel Agilex family of FPGAs that enjoy a significant power and performance competitive leadership advantage. Our world-class software team ensures that PSaS will continue to lead and grow through execution excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement so that PSG customers experience the highest quality and usability along with software leadership in performance, power, and product feature capabilities.
About the Role: PSaS leadership is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the team as the Chief of Staff/ Technical Assistant to Hua Xue, Vice President, and General Manager. The TA/CoS will be responsible for facilitating a productive and collaborative environment within a very large global cross-functional organization. This is a unique opportunity to partner closely with executives within and outside of the PSaS organization to gain leadership skills, participate in strategic discussions, and help to influence the future of the business. The TA/CoS will need to be well rounded, strategically adept, detail-oriented, and capable of making decisions independently in the best interest of the overall PSG/PSaS organization.
There are a wide range of activities in this role and may include, but are not limited to:
- Drive and track goals and strategic initiatives with PSaS staff.
- Create content for internal and external communications including all-hands open forums, face to face meetings and customer engagement.
- Indirectly manage software staff department to include staff meeting and agendas, annual imperatives, strategic topics, project updates and recognition.
- Collaborate on financial operations.
- Drive initiatives to improve employee engagement, morale, and retention across the whole organization.
- Leadership development.
- Foster a culture of inclusion, diversity, and excellence within the organization.
- Provide solutions and results to support of the organization.
Skills: Candidates should have demonstrated skills to work independently, and simultaneously manage diverse assignments while remaining organized and productive in a highly interrupt-driven environment. Must possess well-developed skills to read the internal and external landscape, must have strong business acumen to understand, prioritize, and act on the many requests received. Strong skills in written communication and creating materials such as PowerPoint are critical. Skilled at identifying and optimizing areas of ongoing concern within the business (both structurally and operationally). Excellent organizational skills, written and oral communications skills.
This position is not eligible for Intel sponsorship.
- Bachelors in computer science, math, electrical engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience working directly with software technology.
- Experience in software applications and infrastructure.
- MBA or master's degree in related field
- 2+ years' experience in a management or communication role
- 2+ years' experience in a direct technology role, such as programming or program management
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
US, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $122,901.00-$184,419.00
- Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.