I am Dani Alonso, VP of Q-commerce. I joined Glovo 4.7 years ago when there were 7 people in Q-commerce and the term did not mean anything to anyone. Now after lots of sweat, we are 500+ and trying to keep the same mentality of fighting for the dream: To change the way humans shop.
When I reflect back on the past years of my ride at Glovo, one thing is clear: All our success stories in Q-commerce are thanks to specific individuals who made the difference. Now, I am looking for the next one.
The mission is simple: “Do whatever it takes to make Q-commerce as big as e-commerce” which can go from doing the due diligence of potential targets, helping on ad-hoc strategic projects to support our 6 different business units, being a sounding board to big problems, identifying where we are failing... btw this might completely change before you join. If you need more clarity, then stop reading, the role won't be a fit for you.
Q-commerce is still in early stages and we change things whenever it is needed. Stability is not secured and as Ernest Schackleton said “Men Wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success”. The quote explains perfectly our context. The only change is that where he said “Men”, I say “Anyone”.
What You Will Bring To The Ride
When it comes to profile, I am looking for a MOTIVATED NINJA that is willing to report to me and steal my job in 3-5 years. Being more specific, these are the skills I look for:
- Making things happen on time: You are always driving and being diligent. No deadline is missed ever. Things get done whatever it takes.
- Very strong problem-solver on whatever topic. With analytics involved or purely conceptual.
- Very strong written communications.
- 100% Self-awareness on performance and you understand career paths aren’t always linear and predictable.
- Skills that you don’t need to be amazing at (but certainly will develop at Glovo): leading people, oral communications, providing feedback, inspiring teams, stakeholder management…
- Willingness to work in high peaks with intensity, some weeks you work more, some you work less. We embrace high peaks of work and also take advantage of our flexible time off. I take ~8 weeks of vacation per year… you should too. Basically, when we are at work, we are ALL-IN. Don’t take me wrong, I don’t count the hours and I only care about goal achievement, but in the end I work with a lot of intensity and peaks and as this role works closely with me, I expect the person to do the same.
- Role is 100% based in Barcelona, with 3 days in the office every week, unless we are traveling, which is sporadic.
- Based on the above, 4+ calendar years of experience in high demanding positions in top consulting firms, investment banking and/or private equity will probably make you a fit.
Here at Glovo, we thrive on diversity, we believe it enhances our teams, products, and culture. We know that the best ideas come from a mashup of brilliant diverse minds. This is why we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds - all genders, racial/diverse backgrounds, abilities, ages, sexual orientations and all other unique characteristics that make you YOU. We will encourage you to bring your authentic self to work, fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels heard.
Feel free to note your pronouns in your application (e.g., she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).