Chief of Staff | Platforms Engineering
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery. The Platform Technology group is to provide Tech teams both broader access to and cost effective consumption of modern class "cloud native" paradigms. Our intent is to achieve that by providing a set of best practices, solutions, tooling and education as a way to enable rapid development from Technology teams to ensure our applications meet our customers' expectations.
What You'll Do
- Drive strategic roll-outs of initiatives, and deliver department specific training, that the entire organization needs to be aligned on. Examples of this will include Agile methodologies, Product management frameworks, and OKR best practices
- Own cross-functional communications and ensure that comms that are being sent are impactful and engaging.
- Run, build content, and coordinate strategic meetings, including but not limited to Platforms leadership meetings, CTO-level meetings, All hands meetings, and Manager meetings, bringing key speakers and topics based on data driven insights
- Partner with and advise the Head of Platforms on a variety of strategic projects and initiatives. Attend strategic meetings and provide guidance and counsel to other leaders across Wayfair
- Gather analytics from Sprint teams across Platforms and build visualizations that highlight the data in an actionable way. Build automated reports, dashboards, and presentations in order to represent the data
- Create, launch, and measure OKRs in order to drive key milestones for the Platforms organization
- Own the monthly Product BAR (Business Analytics Review) process, meeting, and communication in order to consistently report on the organization’s progress towards goals
- Partner with key stakeholders, including but not limited to Talent Acquisition and Finance, to track key metrics including but not limited to, Organization shape/maturity, Operational and Capital expenditures, and open headcount by team
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of experience in a technology organization with experience across multiple disciplines
- 4+ years of experience leading complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results, and managing risk. Project/program management leadership including scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communications, procurement, human resources, and integration management
- 5+ years of experience in building automated reports, dashboard, and content/presentations.
- Ability to understand and collaborate with technical stakeholders
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
- Ability to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of internal and external stakeholder
Assistance For Individuals With Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our FAQ page here.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.