Chief of Staff | Platform Engineering
Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
As a Strategic Advisor, supporting the Platform Engineering Team within CVS Health’s Infrastructure Technology Services and Solutions organization, you will work collaboratively with the VP of Platform Engineering and other department leaders to drive communications, facilitate decision-making across the team, and ensure the seamless execution of key initiatives. You will also drive organizational efficiency and provide program updates while serving as a liaison with other program managers, staff, and leaders.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management, possess effective communication, coupled with the ability to drive cross-functional teams towards successful delivery outcomes. This role requires exceptional organizational skills, strong business and financial acumen, and the ability to influence and drive change within the organization.
- Strategic Partner: Collaborate closely with the executive leadership team to develop, communicate, execute the team’s strategic initiatives.
- Executive Support: Serve as the primary point of contact and provide high-level support to the executive leadership, including prioritizing tasks, and ensuring timely follow-up on key issues.
- Resource Management:Manage the planning, allocating and overseeing of the organization’s resources including tracking the ins and outs of staffing, resource optimization, vendor management to ensure sustainable utilization of the organization’s resources.
- Project Management: Lead or support critical projects and initiatives, ensuring alignment with strategic goals and timely execution. Track progress and report on key performance indicators.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain relationships with leaders, cross-functional teams, and other program managers to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Financial Budget Management:Oversee department budget planning including forecasting, expense monitoring, reporting and analysis, and continuous improvement
- HR Support: Support HR activities ranging from annual reviews, year end timelines and compensation.
- Communication: Develop and disseminate clear and effective communication materials, including presentations, reporting for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Data Analysis: Gather, analyze, and present data to support decision-making processes, identify trends, and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Problem Solving: Act as a key problem-solving resource for the VP, helping to address complex issues and challenges within the organization.
- Meeting Facilitation: Organize and lead meetings, and set agendas ensuring that discussions are productive, action items are documented, and decisions are followed through.
- Employee Engagement and Culture:Drive employee engagement and culture initiatives to build a healthy, productive, and resilient organization.
- 3+ years proven experience in a senior-level strategic role, such as Chief of Staff or Director of Strategy, within a technology company
- 3+ years’ experience in project management with a track record of successfully leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience working in a technical organization
- Basic understanding of Database and Middleware Platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior leaders.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in data analysis and creating presentation materials.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, evolving environment.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, or a related field.
The typical pay range for this role is:
$79,200.00 - $174,200.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above. This position also includes an award target in the company’s equity award program.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.