Metropolis develops advanced computer vision and machine learning technology that makes mobile commerce remarkable. Our platform is deployed in hundreds of mobility facilities and industries with billions in opportunity. We're building the digital pipes through which the future of mobile commerce will move.
The Chief of Staff will be a critical player in building core foundational infrastructure and be a key partner to the Chief People Officer, as Metropolis continues on our trajectory of growth. You will have an immediate impact from day 1, from supporting strategic initiatives, to driving outcomes across the people team and executive team. This remarkable and growing team of Metropolites will look to this person for substantive guidance and partnership, project management support, and liaison between the department and the Senior Leadership Team. This is a hybrid role (at least three days per week in-office) with occasional travel required.
Responsibilities: Metropolis is a group of two thousand humans in more than forty cities, and the people team is core to operations across the entire organization.
- Project Management: Will act as the key driver of critical and cross-functional efforts across the People Team. Build and manage the systems, tools and programs that ensure the team is meeting our objectives, on-time and on-budget, and most of all doing an exceptional job of it. We're working on a lot of exciting projects, and at any given moment several of them are some combination of urgent, meaty, and in need of more horsepower.
- Communication: Synthesize and share the work of the department. Ensure relevant stakeholders have the right updates regularly, build materials for key moments like QBRs, board materials and company wide updates.
- Problem Solving: Serve as a utility player and pinch-hit in areas that span the entire people organization. Use your HR expertise to move things forward, unblock dependencies and instill HR best practices that will benefit our organization and move Metropolis forward.
- Analytics: Data is our friend! Ability to validate and dissect data for insights that will help improve programs, engagement, retention, decision making and more.
- At least five years in a People/HR role in a fast paced, technology driven environment. Competitive candidates will have played cross-functional roles spanning two or more of the functions of the departments (L&D, HRBP, Recruiting, People Ops, Total Rewards, to name a few).
- Demonstrated analytical and/or project management capacity. You should have specific professional experience with data-driven decision-making processes, managing complex cross-functional projects, and reporting out to senior management.
- Remarkable writing skills and presentation skills.
- Proven talent as a chaos pilot. Metropolis is growing quickly, and we're constantly in the act of building the company we want to be. If you're looking to inherit a binder of SOPs, this isn't the job for you. If you thrive in environments that require strong opinions loosely held and can quickly make decisions with imperfect information, we'd love to meet you.
- No specific educational experience is required, though we anticipate highly competitive candidates will have advanced formal education in business, HR or related fields.
- Experience in the transportation, mobility, real estate, or logistics industries is a plus! A passion for making the journey remarkable is non-negotiable.