Chief of Staff | Operations Lead
Role Overview: This is a unique Chief-of-Staff / Operations Lead role with elements of VC, Operations, Business Development, Network-building and Community-building. You'll have huge room to grow in responsibility and seniority and meaningfully shape the company.
In this role, you will spend 50% of your time working with the fastest-growing startups on their engineering hiring needs, which includes identifying and building relationships with the top women in engineering, and 50% of your time creating new processes, driving operational excellence, and identifying areas for improvement to help our Careers + Community business run smoothly.
This role may be perfect for you if:
- You thrive in fast-paced startup environments, and want to be part of a founding team and have immense impact.
- You're obsessed with learning about the latest startups & cutting-edge technology, and spend your free time reading TechCrunch, The Information, and all the tech & startup blogs you can find.
- You've seen the power of networks and are eager to build relationships with the most successful startup founders, leaders, and top female engineering talent.
- You want huge room to grow in responsibility and impact in a 10x environment alongside teammates who value excellence.
- Own key operational processes such as member outreach and sourcing (conducting outreach via email, Linkedin, and other channels), conducting member onboarding calls and candidate interviews, and making introductions between candidates and startup partners
- Drive effective operations and tight communications with our startup partners
- Proactively identify areas for improving our operational processes across the company and execute improvements with a bias for action
- Assist CEO with running the business (eg. running staff meetings, working on special projects) and proactively identifying operational improvements across the business
- Evaluate and conduct business development with potential startup partners (similar to VC motion)
- Participate in community events to build relationships with community members (Women in Engineering)
- Strong interpersonal relationship-building, leadership, and communication skills.
- Experience working exclusively in high-performance environments, including but not limited to: fast-growing VC-backed startups, top tier management consulting firms, investment banks, or other excellence-seeking and results-oriented environments
- 2-6 years of experience in Operations, Business Operations, Business Development, Strategy or other roles emphasizing Operational Excellence and Client Service
- Track record of delivering results quickly, ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced early-stage startup environment
- Extremely organized, with high attention to detail. Nothing ever slips by you.
- Motivated and driven, with the desire to work hard and see your work pay off in impacting a meaningful business and your own career outcomes
- Work in a fast-paced, intense startup environment that will 10x accelerate your career growth and network in the Technology & Startups sector.
- This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, with hybrid onsite work in San Francisco or surrounding areas 2-3 days per week.
- Travel to team offsites and community events 1x per quarter.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Ongoing professional development and advancement opportunities.