We're looking for a Chief of Staff - Office of the Chief Product Officer
This role is Remote
We started this journey as a learning company obsessed with helping customers and their people achieve the extraordinary, and over 20 years later we’ve expanded that vision and created a movement. We’ve been joined by experts from organizations like Saba, EdCast, Grovo and Clustree and SumTotal who share our passion for people growth, and our commitment to HR and learning leaders. Our company has created a remarkable community that is transforming and shifting the learning and talent landscape.
Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) is at a critically important juncture in the company’s lifecycle. Servicing over 6,000 companies in over 180 countries and supporting 90 million+ users, the company is entering a phase of achieving scale and global expansion through continued relentless execution.
Cornerstone is pursuing product-led growth, and the Product and Content organization is the central nervous system of the company. The CPO and the Product and Content leadership team is looking for a Chief of Staff to help the teams operate with high levels of effectiveness, discipline, communication and camaraderie. This role will be a critical component to the organizations success and this role provides an opportunity for fast and furious growth with stellar leadership and strategy potential.
We are looking for a high-performing leader to serve as Chief of Staff, responsible for our rhythm of business, internal and external communications, serve as a culture carrier, drive communication and follow-through cadences, serve as a connective fabric to the broader organizational cross functional rhythms and at any point in time lead one strategic project or initiative with measurable business outcomes. This role will report directly to the CPO and have a strong dotted line relationship to the VP of Product Strategy and Operations. You will also partner closely with the Product & Content Leadership Team as well as all other key partners including Engineering, Legal, HR, and Finance.
- In this role you will….Act as a trusted advisor to the CPO and Product / Content Leadership Team:
- Provide honest and thoughtful guidance and advice to the CPO - on products, campaigns, communications, people, and team pulse.
- Maintain rigor and review of key performance indicators and hold the leadership team accountable
- Anticipate deliverables and next steps from org-wide meetings as well as small internal team meetings. Proactively act on deliverables in an efficient manner and drive next steps to closure.
- Drive Team Structural Adjustments & Culture – Operationalize Org Changes and Leadership Team Design, Lead Culture focus and Lead efforts to create the best place to work for our team.
- Aid in the delivery and tracking of key OKRs / Priorities - For the year and focus areas for each period. Ensuring broad alignment within the organization and through partners and related teams. Provide thought leadership and strategic thinking while driving the process to refine the strategy, OKRs, budgets and execution plans for the team, as well as how we will measure success against it and report on progress. (the directly responsible leader for this will be the head of product strategy and operations, but the CoS will be a key co-pilot in this process)
- Own and incubate any special projects critical to the business; operationalize and integrate these special projects into the main work stream at the right point.
- Own Product & Content fiscal plan and discipline in partnership with HR and FP&A
- Help drive key strategic artifacts like Board Decks, Investor Decks, Analyst engagement etc.
- Lead Staff Team & Business Rhythms:
- Organize roles & responsibilities to maximize clarity and empowerment while mapping to top priorities.
- Set the bar for culture among the team, while leading and driving workplace health initiatives. Build an agile and resilient culture to support and represent the CVP and team.
- Be the point of contact for each of the team staff functions.
- Lead Culture and People Programs:
- Partner closely with HR and leadership team to identify priorities and drive strategies to meet organizational objectives and health of the team.
- Aid the development of a culture that builds future leaders by providing opportunities for growth and development for the organization.
- Ensure that D&I and Accessibility principles are supported across the team’s work.
You’ve Got What It Takes If You Have…
- 6-8 years’ experience in financial management, business planning, operations management, strategy, project management, human resources, or business-related roles
- High emotional intelligence, interpersonal and collaboration skills. Ability to impact and influence without authority
- Internal or external consulting experience a big plus
- Experience in strategic planning, execution, building relationships and working with executives at all levels.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Enjoys working under pressure and deadlines. Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to think holistically and strategically about key operational rhythms, communications, and programs.
- Ability to simplify complex ideas into easy-to-understand concepts for executive-level communications.
- Keen on making the entire team successful -”assists over points”
- Strong business acumen and mental agility to ramp quickly across our diverse business and offerings.
- High personal accountability for self and others.
- Has strong executive exposure
- Has worked in highly collaborative companies across time zones
- Ability to influence senior executives and teams to accomplish business nee on complex business issues and transforming their approach
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people ask what our team is about, we point to our core values: champion customer success, bring our best, achieve together, get stuff done, and innovate every day. We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal and we are seeking diversity in the people who join our team. We want to make sure that our company reflects the demographic of our customers, clients, and the communities in which we operate. So if you want to work for a friendly, global, inclusive and innovative company, we'd love to meet you!
What We Do
Cornerstone is a premier people development company. We believe people can achieve anything when they have the right development and growth opportunities. We offer organizations the technology, content, expertise and specialized focus to help them realize the potential of their people. Featuring comprehensive recruiting, personalized learning, modern training content, development-driven performance management and holistic employee data management and insights, Cornerstone’s people development solutions are successfully used by more than 90 million+ people in 180+ countries and in nearly 50 languages.
Cornerstone takes special care to ensure the security and privacy of the data of its users.
Check us out on Linkedin , Comparably , Glassdoor , and Facebook !
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com