At Renno & Co, we’ve experienced a tremendous period of growth. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a Chief of Staff to work closely with our Executive team. The Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on our productivity by streamlining strategic initiatives, guiding file and client management, and communicating objectives between departments.
If you get energized by positioning your colleagues to make key decisions and implementing those decisions to advance the organization, this position is for you.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work with our Executive team to prioritize business strategies and growth opportunities
- Assist the Executive team with strategic planning, decision-making, project management, communication and calendar management
- Track the firm’s progress against strategic priorities to provide recommendations to support the firm’s growth
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity, such as document management processes
- Oversee daily operations by performing an array of administrative tasks, including managing calendars, generating correspondence, and document management/ organization
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations
- Demonstrate effective project management skills and proactively manages multiple tasks and timelines
- Strategically prioritize files and projects, in addition to delegating tasks and tracking progress to ensure deadlines are met
- Serve as liaison between staff, the leadership team, and the Executive team regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning
We’re looking for a candidate who demonstrates the following:
- Self-starter and with a bias to action - you see things that need to be done and do it without prompting
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity. We're growing rapidly - welcoming change is key to success at Renno & Co
- High executive function, including prioritizing, delegation, problem solving, and self-monitoring
- Experienced in project delivery, with a natural ability to organize, implement, and follow-through to finalize tasks
- Incredible people skills and a positive attitude
- Able to stay exceptionally organized, is efficient while multitasking, detail-oriented, and thorough
- Great communications skills and is professional and concise with messages
- Strong problem solving skills, is keen to find solutions when issues arise and is constantly demonstrating resourcefulness
- Technologically savvy, analytical, and data-driven, including advanced experience with Microsoft, Asana or similar project management platforms, CRMs and other productivity & collaboration tools.
- Eager to work for a non-conventional law firm
The ideal candidate for this role has:
- Completed a Master's in Business Administration (MBA) or any related business, engineering or related field
- 4+ years of work experience as an Operations Coordinator, Operations Manager, Senior Project Manager, Chief of Staff, Business Consultant or similar role
- Previous experience working in a law firm and/or startup is an asset
What’s in it for you
If you join our team, you can expect:
- Remote work: We have a WeWork membership, so if you want to work out of the house, we can make arrangements for you. If you’d rather work from home, we’re fine with that too!
- Health and dental coverage and parental leave: coverage includes prescription drugs and insurance, with the potential for paid parental leave.
- Minimum three (3) weeks of vacation plus a robust personal day policy and holiday plan.
- Ownership, impact, and innovation: We are a small and growing company and with that comes the freedom to let our employees own their responsibilities top to bottom and trust them to make the right decisions
- Personal growth opportunities: We’re always evolving and so should you. We’re here to help you grow and change. That includes time and budget to learn a new skill for your job or your overall wellness. We also host regular lunch and learns