Chief of Staff | IT Infrastructure and Engineering Services
Salary Range: 157,000.00-212,000.00
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
Western Digital is building an iconic storage company holding 40% of world data stored on our products. Our 10K+ engineers globally play an important role for future of storage technology. The IT organization is going through major transformation and our Infrastructure and Engineering organization builds the foundation for this process. This role will enable the Infrastructure and Engineering Services organization and leadership along this journey.
As Chief of Staff for the Infrastructure and IT Engineering Services organization, you will work closely with OCIO (Office of CIO) organization and become the bridge between both the teams. You will be part of the Infra & ES staff driving the agenda and tracking action items across the Infra & ES org. You will provide the direction for Problem Management team, manage the contract information within Infra & ES, and drive process improvements.
This role reports directly to the VP Infrastructure and Engineering Services within the IT organization at Western Digital. Global Infrastructure and Engineering Services is a group of 165+ full-time team members dispersed globally (with some of the services augmented with contractors). This is a key right hand to the VP and will partner with all the infrastructure and engineering IT functions in transforming the respective functions working closely with the OCIO organization.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Build a strong partnership across the Infrastructure and engineering organizations, note and track operational and program status.
- Be the interface between the OCIO organization and share required updates from Infra to ES and vice versa.
- Work with PMO team to ensure the Infra & ES projects are tracked and status is updated as appropriate.
- Identify key metrics and KPI’s and find opportunities for improvement in infrastructure space.
- Has passion in building and modernizing the IT footprint.
- Be part of the strategic split of Flash and HDD organizations.
- Experience in supporting the Infrastructure organization and leadership for large organizations.
- Having technical knowledge and experience in infrastructure areas .
- Experience working in a semiconductor or hardware environment with an understanding of applications and infrastructures preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive experience as a hands-on technical leader in a large technology organization with working with global teams.
- Handled the process, operations and track the programs for the organization.
- Experience successfully managing cross-functional relationships with senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop short- and long-term strategies.
- Proven experience in building, developing and engaging a high-performing global team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence stakeholders.
- Travel may be required, based on need.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.