Chief of Staff | Equity Index Group
Chief of Staff – Equity Index Group
The Chief of Staff will serve as a primary resource and point of contact for the Global Head of Vanguard’s Equity Index Group (EIG). The role is an excellent opportunity to leverage one’s growth mindset, intellectual curiosity, and existing skill set to support EIG’s mission while gaining the relevant experience for a potential career in Investment Management. The selected candidate will be asked to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment through close partnership with the EIG Global Leadership Team and business partners.
This is a traditional Chief of Staff role responsible for managing staff meetings, organizing offsite events, writing board memos, etc. The ideal candidates for this position DO NOT need to have deep investment or trading expertise. Successful candidates are highly intellectually curious, possess strong writing skills and PowerPoint along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assists region, country, or sub-division in developing, managing and executing the business plan and that project deliverables are met throughout the year.
- Manages all senior leadership staff meetings, planning sessions and off-sites. Creates and develops content and agendas.
- Designs high level presentations, regional/sub-divisional reports, and executive summaries for use in various internal and external speaking engagements. Works closely with data and provides information in a user-friendly format. Develops presentations on a wide variety of topics.
- Leads or participates in key projects for the region/sub-division.
- Authors and supports the design and development of regularly scheduled reports and communications.
- Completes ad-hoc data analysis on an as-needed basis.
- Creates key on-going sub-division or regional communications, including departmental town halls, quarterly divisional business updates, and white papers for governing bodies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years general experience. Two years of project management experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.