Who We Are:
Socure is redefining identity verification with groundbreaking technology, supporting myriad organizations with the most accurate authentication tools in the industry.
What we build helps businesses scale faster, stop fraud, and ultimately allows millions of people who are excluded from the digital economy (due to outdated fraud detection models) to take part in it like everyone else.
Our culture is about innovation, winning, and customer obsession. We are full of top performers that prioritize excellence and results, as well as support for one another, on the path to achieving our mission: to verify 100% of good identities in real time and completely eliminate identity fraud for every applicant on the internet.
To learn more about working at Socure visit our career page here: https://www.socure.com/company/careers
What the role is:
Socure is looking for a key Chief of Staff - Engineering - for our SVP of Technology to join our Technology Leadership team.
As the Chief of Staff - Engineering, you will act as co-pilot to our SVP of Technology, ensuring that the SVP’s time is directed towards the most business critical, strategic initiatives across the business.
You will drive cross-functional alignment and execution, through collaboration with tech and operational leaders (Product, Tech Ops, BizOps, FinOps, People Ops, Engineering leadership, etc). In this role, you will partner with engineering leadership on internal and external communications and special projects. Success in this role will require a process-oriented approach, with a strong bias for action. This individual should also possess the ability to influence and manage large-scale projects.
This role can be based remotely anywhere in the US!
What you'll do:
- Be an advisor and thought partner to the SVP of Technology, operating on behalf of the SVP
- Steer significant, cross-functional projects and build consensus with senior leadership across Socure
- Manage department level OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) to ensure deadlines are set and being achieved
- Help monitor and improve organizational health and communication across the global engineering team
- Drive content creation (including design) for Technology internal and external communications, including team all-hands decks, newsletters, etc.
- Identify and implement team onboarding, management, and project tracking systems
- Gather, organize, and synthesize information and reports from different teams to enable SVP to reach thoughtful, but rapid decision making
- Proactively identify and resolve issues with actionable, data-guided recommendations
- Partner with functional leaders to develop and track progress against goals, utilizing a proactive approach with a strong sense of urgency in addressing projects and tasks with the mindset that no job is too small or too big.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a Chief of Staff working within engineering leadership and making strategic contributions to a scaling organization
- 10+ years of experience steering significant, cross-functional projects and building consensus with senior leadership across the organization
- Experience working in a startup organization, involving strategy and operations and improving efficiencies.
- Strong project management experience and skills - organized and disciplined, attentive to detail and follows up to ensure the right results.
- BS in an engineering field (e.g Engineering, Computer Science, etc).
- Outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to grasp deep technical concepts and capable of speaking the language of Engineers
- Strong experience in writing, to include creating content and communication materials, with experience putting
- together blogs, newsletters, presentations/slides, All-Hands meetings, etc.
- Ability to provide an organizational savvy to build an internal network, with the goal of successfully executing and influencing cross-functionally
- MBA or Master’s degree in management or engineering field is a plus
**Perks & Benefits: **
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.