Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Job Summary: Serves as a trusted advisor, partner and source of leverage to the EVP, General Manager, his leadership team and the executive team. While the role has clearly defined areas of responsibility, it is also fluid and this individual will need to be able to dive into any area of the business, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities. Ability to build the trust vital to manage sensitive and delicate matters, but also to be able to speak up, step up and offer alternative viewpoints with credibility while being in service to the entire BU bringing thoughtfulness, creativity, humility, and levity to all work efforts. The successful candidate will have strong ability to build deep partnerships, analyze nuanced issues, synthesize, and strategically communicate, and lead through influence.
Leadership Alignment & Efficiency
- Own the design, cadence, agenda prioritization, actions and follow-up for Digital Services leadership team’s operating mechanisms & OKRs
- Lead BU leadership team staff meetings
- Act as a confidant and adviser to the EVP bringing wholistic enterprise perspectives without specific organizational agendas
- Drive planning and content for any leadership team or extended leadership team offsite/events
- Maintain ability to see what pressures the organization is facing and raising to the leadership team where appropriate to address
- Act in an empowered way to identify areas of misalignment across the leadership team and work with execs to formulate resolution
- Lead and drive specific initiatives as determined by the Digital Services’ EVP
- Serve as “eyes and ears” in meetings that the EVP cannot attend; ensure any relevant items are summarized for the EVP
- In partnership with Corporate Communications, advance “voice of the EVP” through consistent communication to ensure clarity, alignment, accountability, and delivery
- Engage as an effective integrator of the leadership team to influence efficiency, connectedness and outcomes of critical projects and actions
- Able to ingest complicated cross-functional, interdependent org structures
- Ability to engage senior leadership to drive transformation at scale
Partner with HR team in support
- Team health efforts – both for the leadership team and the broader organization
- Proactively addressing organizational and personnel issues, supporting change management efforts and talent strategy as needed
- Keep a pulse on our business, maintain a strong feedback loop on organizational needs, and update the EVP and HR as needed
- Manage the employee recognition program (at BU leader level) and ensure that our workforce is motivated and engaged
- Partner with the Digital Services Communications team to develop and operate the communications strategy to drive consistent communication across the entire BU to ensure clarity, alignment, accountability, and delivery
- Build content for EVP (in partnership with Communications teams, as needed) to present at internal and external events
- Amazing organizational, prioritization, and facilitation skills
- Dive into any area of the business, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- Agility in making decisions
- Ask the hard questions to ensure projects and investments have true impact to Equinix; including Return on Risk-Adjusted Capital
- Operate with a high level of integrity and discretion
- 15+ years equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Enterprise-wide initiative experience
- Previous budget management experience ($10M+)
- Business or Management consulting strategy experience; Enterprise product strategy strongly preferred
- High EQ with ability to mentor senior leadership
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to form deep and trusted relationships, across organizations, to achieve common goals
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you need assistance in applying for an open position, you may send an email to Staffing@equinix.com. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
Learn More About Equinix
Who We Are
Magic of Equinix
Stay connected: LinkedIn , YouTube , Facebook , Twitter
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.