Do What You Love. Love What You Do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About The Team
The GM of Cloud Platform (Matthew Grippo) is looking to hire an experienced leader with business operations, communications, strategy, and technical experience to work alongside him to drive forward magnificent execution and key organizational initiatives within his distributed team.
This team consists of three product pillars:
Connect - API platforms and packaged integrations
Integrate - platforms for data synchronization
Extend - platforms for building apps and extensions to Workday's core applications
All together, these pillars (which include engineering, product management, design and developer relations functions) are bringing critical platform capabilities and revenue generating products to our customers and partners.
The Chief of Staff will drive forward initiatives on behalf of the GM, and simultaneously extend the efficiency of the GM and the organization by creating streamlined processes, communicating consistently, building trust across the organization, prioritizing areas for investment, and assisting key leaders in achieving focus within their teams. This person will also serve as a trusted advisor to the GM.
About The Role
Internal Communications and Coordination:
- Organize and run key meetings within the organization including Staff Meetings, Offsites, Town Halls, etc.
- Establish and own internal Communications within the team and external communication to collaborators.
- Cultivate close relationships with, and gain the trust of key senior collaborators across Product Pillars, Customer Experience, Marketing, Alliances and Sales organizations to align business objectives and work effectively together.
Organizational Operations Management:
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison for critical Corporate Functions including People & Purpose (HR), Talent Acquisition (Recruiting), Finance, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development (M&A), etc.
- Drive and own adoption and execution of OKRs across the leadership team and organization, including OKR review process and alignment to key company initiatives.
- Support executive reporting on key risks, issues, budget, and critical metrics.
- Promote operational excellence: identifying and realizing opportunities to optimize our organizational systems and processes with a focus on agility.
- Support and promote Professional development, and identify/implement key programs across the org in close partnership with People & Purpose and other learning enablement teams.
Special Initiatives and Strategic Projects:
- Prepare decks and materials to drive strategic decision-making and communication of strategy
- Partner with Product Management, Finance, Pricing, Solutions Marketing to review, analyze and make recommendations related to pricing and revenue
- Lead key operational initiatives, working closely with key collaborators within and outside of organization.
- Conduct research for key projects, including, but not limited to, cross-team initiatives, investment opportunities, technology processes, and overall business improvements.
- Help leaders and key product teams with overall Strategy direction, presentations and initiatives.
- Partner with the GM on key organizational changes, leadership alignment, and process improvements in order to ensure vision and strategy are enabled.
- Assist GM with critical presentations and communications.
- Serve as representative for GM in various meetings, and forums as appropriate.
- Advise on confidential matters and maintain a high level of discretion.
- 6+ years of proven experience in business operations, strategy, consulting, product management or equivalent.
- BA, BS, or equivalent in Business, Computer Science, or related field; MBA preferred.
- Deep experience in an enterprise SaaS environment, in particular technical experience or experience working closely with product and technology teams.
- Ability to learn quickly within a fast-paced team, including highly technical topics.
- Ability to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, professionally, and empathetically.
- Utterly organized and meticulous with a love for creating order out of chaos.
- Strong influencing skills, with a reputation for getting things done.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including Executive-level presence and gravitas.
- Superb people and leadership skills and ability to interact with peers, senior Executives, cross-functional collaborators, and external third parties.
- Strong strategic approach, with ability to help set direction and outline key outcomes.
- Intellectual curiosity paired with a high growth-mindset.
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact email@example.com to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!