Chief of Staff | Capital Markets and Insurance
Learn moreLearn more
East Brunswick, NJ
Mar 4, 2023
Learn moreLearn more
Job Location: NY/NJ metro area preferred. Will consider other metro areas that fall on eastern time zone
Overall Description Of The Role And Responsibilities
The Chief of Staff (CoS) operates at a tactical, strategic and operational level, often handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between the sector leader's responsibility. The CoS responsibilities might overlap with those of a specific functional lead and are expected to partner effectively within the team. *This position will also enable the hire to learn deeper perspectives of the sales cycle, and allow growth segue and upward mobility into a sales or associated role after 1-2 years.
The CoS role will combine the following attributes:
- Administrative: Scheduling high priority meetings, coordinating executive calendars, planning, executing senior management retreats, all hands meetings and company offsites etc.
- Project management: Tracking high priority initiatives for the executive and identifying any obstacles, communicating initiative status to the executive, pulling in other executives or team members as necessary, connecting teams that are working on similar initiatives, pulling together, and managing project teams that require input from multiple areas within the company
- Financial: creating and updating monthly dashboards to track changes KPIs and working closely with the Business Finance Manager to ensure accurate reporting for the sector
- Strategic initiatives: identifying and taking on ad-hoc strategic projects, defining and researching new ideas and business opportunities, providing decision support through data gathering and analysis and presenting recommendations to stakeholders
- Communications: designing and executing a sector communications strategy, drafting speeches and presentations for the sector leader
- Public relations: vetting speaking opportunities and interview requests
- Advisory: serving as a trusted advisor and confidant to the executive/sector leader
- Relationship management: managing critical relationships on behalf of the executive/sector leader and acting as a proxy in certain situations
- Gatekeeping: Assessing all inquiries directed to the executive/sector leader and determining the proper course of action, determining which meetings take priority, vetting requests for time and routing requests to other departments as appropriate.
- Provide all meeting agendas, meeting action items and follow ups communications in a timely, clear and concise manner.
- Develop social media strategy and help build executive brand and market facing leadership connect- and partnering with Global Brand.
- Review of industry trends and areas where additional revenue and/or profit can be captured
- Identification of ways to improve the internal and external communications.
- Help and build advisor connects and industry thought leadership & rain makers.
- Review and improve the level of commitment to Wipro’s Five Habits for a Growth Mindset. This includes the delivery and adoption across senior and middle management.
- Identification of potential strategic initiatives and prioritization
- Analysis of internal workshops and trainings for planning and improvements
- Business performance and key metrics analysis in collaboration with Finance
- Effective partnering with functional leaders to elevate the Employee Experience (EX) for the sector
- Previous experience in a Chief of Staff or related position
- Experience supporting Executive stakeholders and tracking stratetic iniatives
- Strong business communications skills (written and oral), ability to translate specifications into tangible business communications and documents
- Social Media experience is preferred
- Exeperience working in a larger/matrixed organization, professional services or consulting environment experience is highly preferred
- Experience with Capital Markets and/or Insurance sector is preferred