Chief of Staff | Biotech
On a mission to bring new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently
Founded in 2016, TrialSpark is a tech-driven Pharma company differentiated by radically more efficient drug development. TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of clinical drug development, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher quality trial data.
The company acquires clinical-stage drugs from pharmaceutical and biotech companies and develops them faster, unlocking greater value per program and accelerating access to new treatments for patients. TrialSpark's current therapeutic areas of focus include rheumatology, dermatology, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases.
About The Position
As Chief of Staff, you will report to our CEO & Co-Founder Benjamine Liu and work with him on the strategic and operational activities that drive the company forward. This will be a rewarding, high-growth role exposing you to all aspects of TrialSpark’s business with the opportunity for meaningful impact. Ideal candidates are hard working, strategic, proactive, highly organized, detail oriented, and able to navigate ambiguity.
You will serve as a force-multiplier to the CEO and the company’s Leadership Team, managing company priorities, coordinating investor and advisor relations, ensuring streamlined cross functional collaboration, and overseeing company workstreams such as OKRs/annual planning, strategic offsites, internal communications, new initiatives and ad-hoc special projects.
The Chief of Staff role is a well-established and valued role at TrialSpark, and you will have strong support and foundational frameworks to work with, while also having the freedom and remit to shape the role to match your individual skills and the ever-evolving company priorities.
- CEO Collaboration: Partner with the CEO to manage all his priorities, ensuring thoughtful and efficient execution of any and all strategic projects. Examples include but are not limited to: fundraising, biotech/pharma partnerships, business development projects, meeting and conference preparation (decks, etc.), board meetings, etc.
- Leadership Team Support and Project Management: Own agenda and follow ups for all Leadership Team meetings, support Leadership Team with project execution (timelines, work plans, materials, etc.), and ensure key cross functional stakeholders are aware of Leadership Team initiatives and held accountable for their input/work product as needed.
- Cross Functional Project Management (Scheduled and Ad Hoc): Own the planning process for company OKRs (annual goals etc.), collaborate with the People Team to plan company retreat content, support various company leaders with rollout for new initiatives or products as needed, and build/implement new processes (or process improvements) that will elevate and expedite team productivity across the board
- Special Projects: Depending on the company priorities, you may be assigned to spearhead specific projects across various parts of the company for a period of time to jump in, solve a problem, propose and implement long term solutions, and parachute out and onwards to other projects.
- People Management: You will manage and work closely with TrialSpark’s Executive Assistants who support the company’s leaders with administrative projects, calendar management, etc.
- Education: Undergraduate degree or higher
- Work Experience: 4+ years experience in Consulting and/or Pharma or Biotech required
- Experience at a high-growth startup is a plus
- Strong knowledge of biotech deal-making and financing dynamics
- Subject matter expertise in biotech/pharma industry landscape
- People management experience is a plus
- Skills: Research, data synthesis, deck making, project management, strong written and verbal communication
- Tact, diplomacy, and discretion: You’ll be working across all teams and will be privy to sensitive information
- Excitement for the mission: We’re passionate about bringing medical treatments to patients faster, and think it’s important you are too
- Kind, thoughtful, and low ego: We look for folks who have these attributes, as we think they are key contributors to a great company culture. No project is too small for you, no project is too big for you. You’ll work with whoever you need to - and always respectfully - to get anything done.
- Incredibly curious: fast learner, motivated, resourceful
- Flexible and adaptable: able to shift between priorities and projects frequently, navigating ambiguity with focus and an open-mind
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to the New York City market, regardless of their location. In compliance with NYC’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open roles at TrialSpark. The target salary range for this role is $150,000 - $185,000.
On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks, location flexibility, and comprehensive benefits – learn more about them and our compensation philosophy here.
If this range doesn’t match your expectations, please still apply because we may have something else for you.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.