We are seeking a curious, collaborative and creative thought leader, strategist and communicator to serve as Chief of Staff to the CEO, supporting the CEO with communications, strategy, special projects and Exco and Leadership Team execution. The Chief of Staff is a coordinator who leads the strategic alignment across the organization on a continual basis.
The ideal candidate will be a world-class communicator, have the proven ability to work independently with experience at a top-tier consulting firm or similar strategy experience, and have a track record of delivering distinctive results. You will need to possess strong leadership qualities and be detail-oriented, organized, analytical, and strategic thinker. You’re a perfect fit for this role if, over a wide diversity of projects, businesses or clients you’ve built and honed your skills in structured problem solving, outcome-oriented execution, meticulous attention to detail, and executive level communications - all with high analytical capability and rigor.
This role represents a unique opportunity to be exposed to and operate at the highest levels of business strategy and operations at a truly global and industry-leading organization that continues to scale. You’ll build relationships with senior leaders and bring the skills you’ve built to bear on some of our most interesting, high stakes work.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Assist the CEO and Exco with cross functional execution of the company strategy with a view to define, meet and deliver on key milestones;
- Think strategically while providing tactical support to implement ideas while keeping it simple and drama free;
- Implement the appropriate tools and measurement systems to optimize and streamline operations and drive the adoption of the organizational strategy;
- Partner with the Exco team to define, prepare and communicate organization plans, including quarterly, annual and long-term strategy and operational plans;
- Track, analyze and report on progress or performance of high priority initiatives for the CEO as per SLAs, OKR/ KPO’s, project goals, and change initiatives;
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of Exco;
- Increase efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, by assisting with new operational strategies, working with CEO and Exco on special projects;
- Manage the meeting cadence and company calendar for the Exco and Leadership Team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved;
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives and ensure action items are executed on behalf of the CEO;
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and options to the CEO regarding high impact decisions;
- Ensure an effective information management protocol that delivers up-to-date information easily and when it is needed;
- Be a thought leader in maximizing the organization’s operating performance and achieving its financial goals.
- Maintaining awareness of competitors, expansion opportunities, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards.
- International travel for 5 business days may be required up to 4 x per year (the Exco off-site cadence).