About the job
Come help us build the world's most trusted on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're building a team of great minds to help us secure and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s multi-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and drivers.
DoorDash is looking for a seasoned leader on our Security Engineering & Enterprise Technology team! The Information Security Chief of Staff will report to the Chief Information Security Officer and will enable us to accommodate aggressive business growth by efficiently scaling and maturing our teams. This role will lead the Program team tasked with delivering primary Security initiatives and will partner with Enterprise Technology teams to bring the products and services the broader organization needs to achieve their business objectives.
What You’ll Do
- You will unify technical and product strategies with the organizational strategy and operations required to drive outcomes for the business
- You will bring alignment on strategic goals and measurement, and build a progress assessment and communication cadence to provide visibility across the organization
- You will organize understanding around the current state of maturity, desired state, and how to build the bridge between them
- You will establish strategic prioritization to ensure teams are working on the right problems to meet business targets and are making explicit decisions on tradeoffs or work to pause
- You will orchestrate execution of cross-functional programs, influencing for consensus where needed, clearing roadblocks, and making success predictable
- You will support delivery of new Enterprise engineering solutions and features in tandem with bar-raising operations for corporate technologies – they are up, optimized, and resilient
- You will build a practice of making data-driven decisions validated by results
- You will foster a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging teams to share and build on each other’s ideas, while being transparent about lessons learned from mistakes
We’re Excited About You Because...
- You are able to traverse the organization, building healthy relationships regardless of role or level.
- You are a change agent, able to direct large scale business transformation. You’ve led teams through significant change by helping people understand the purpose and the role they play, as well as rallying them behind the cause.
- You see problems from multiple angles and recognize that diverse perspectives lead to better solutions.
- You are adept at seeing “the big picture.” You’ve successfully focused disparate teams and competing priorities toward a common goal.
- You can wade through ambiguity to move teams forward, leaning on a bias toward action and re-calibrating approach as more information is available.
- You evaluate solutions for associated impacts to people, process, and technology. You are capable of identifying gaps and raising issues, even when it’s uncomfortable, seeking to arrive at the optimal solution.
- You are committed to developing leaders and programs to build talent and growth opportunity within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in related fields within eCommerce and Technology industries
- 10+ years or equivalent of cross-functional leadership and management experience in progressively more challenging roles; prior experience leading engineering and program focused teams
- Deep experience owning complex program strategy development and implementation across a broad program portfolio
- Demonstrated experience in organizational design, accommodating current skill profiles and creating a runway for the future
- Working knowledge of financial forecast and HR processes, and the technologies that support them
- Strong communicator who can steer collaborative decisions and partnership across all areas of the business
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.