JPMorgan Chase is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Objectives of the Risk Team
Risk is an inherent part of JPMorgan Chase's business activities and the firm's overall risk tolerance is established in the context of the firm's earnings power, capital, and diversified business model. The firm's risk management framework and governance structure are intended to provide comprehensive controls and ongoing management of the major risks inherent in its business activities. It is also intended to create a culture of risk awareness and personal responsibility throughout the firm. The firm's ability to properly identify, measure, monitor, and report risk is critical to both its soundness and profitability. JPMorgan Chase believes in a holistic approach to risk management by incorporating key risk disciplines including Credit, Market, Principal, Liquidity, Operational, Model, Legal, Fiduciary, and Reputation and weighing these against returns.
The mission of the team is to support the growth of JPMorgan Wealth Management (JPMWM) business through the identification of risks and controls in new and existing products and services, development and application of risk measurement and analytics, adherence to the relevant risk standards, and provision of overall risk oversight of the business' activities.
The JPMorgan Wealth Management Risk Strategy and Execution team provides dedicated support to JPMWM. The JPMWM Risk Management Chief of Staff will be responsible for supporting the JPMWM Risk Chief Risk Officer and collaborating with the JPMWM Risk Leadership team, CCB Fraud Risk Management, the Business, Legal, Compliance, Oversight and Control and Technology to support the primary risks to the business, including, but not limited to, Investment, Fiduciary, Credit, Operational and Reputation Risk stripes. The successful candidate will be able to manage the staff and reporting functions, deliver against high-visibility projects and programs, and ensure an effective governance environment for the JPMWM Risk Management organization.
The role is focused on execution and ownership of measurable results and include the ability to:
- Influence the business to transform/ change current state.
- Analyze current business models / practices and develop innovate solutions.
- Effectively communicate key messages and simplify complex business situations.
- Project manage the key strategic priorities for JPMWM Risk in partnership with the cross-JPMWM and US Private Bank Risk teams, the Business, and other business partners.
- Prepare executive presentations for Risk Leadership at various forums, committees, business reviews and management meetings to help drive Risk agenda and deliverables.
- Prepare materials for and coordinate agenda for weekly and monthly management forums (i.e., Town Hall, Offsite, ad-hoc management meetings).
- Support the governance framework for JPMWM Risk, including the preparation materials for JPMWM Risk Committee, and other LOB Risk forums (e.g. RNDIP).
- Assist in providing oversight of the risk stripes held under JPMWM Risk, including credit, fiduciary, reputation, etc.
- Research and help formulate conclusions to broad risk issues.
- Establish regular communication with the Business and Risk team regarding risk issues, including policy, trends, regulatory (present updates at regular forums).
- Represent JPMWM Risk and actively participate in cross LOB Risk groups and initiatives
- Involvement in and/or coordination of policy and regulatory processes/responses (for example, Regulatory exams, Consent Orders, MRAs, Audits).
- Provide input to the JPMWM Risk Financials in partnership with the JPMWM Risk Business Management team and Finance.
- Support/manage ad hoc projects as required.
- Experience in performing risk assessments for new products
- In depth knowledge of the Financial Services industry, in risk management of retail investment products offered within large bank branch network
- Knowledge of operational risk management, technology risk management and control principles.
- Proven ability in data aggregation/normalization and analytics.
- Experience in developing methodologies to analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
- Very strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills with ability to synthesize and integrate varied data sets.
- Familiarity with global project planning, gap analysis, UAT scripts, and ability to deliver solutions within a matrix organization.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet tight deadlines, and work well in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and interact comfortably with a wide spectrum of internal stakeholders.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans