Do you want to work for a company that can change the world? Are you the type of person that loves to solve problems, and is obsessively detail-oriented and organized? Do you hate being bored at work?
The Aquacycl team is seeking a Chief of Staff that will manage administrative functions across the company, enabling all team members to achieve their highest level of efficiency and ultimately help move us from being an interesting technology startup into a global leader in the wastewater treatment industry.
Our vision is to enable a healthy and vibrant future for people and planet. We imagine a world where wastewater treatment and sanitation are accessible to everyone, anywhere in the world, regardless of available energy grid or sewer grid. Our team is driven to realize this vision and we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with individuals who are equally passionate about making our vision a reality.
Aquacycl is a Series B funded early-stage company that is already serving global brands with ambitions to revolutionize distributed wastewater treatment in industry, agriculture, and residential applications (www.aquacycl.com).
We are currently focused on helping industrial clients meet their sustainability goals by enabling cost-effective wastewater treatment and reuse while also reducing energy consumption and lowering GHG emissions during wastewater management.
Who you Are
Are you a ‘do-er’ who leans in with curiosity, positive attitude, urgency and determination? Do you have a keen interest in climate tech solutions and our mission? Do you thrive in fast-paced, quickly changing, and ambiguous situations where you can learn something new each day and contribute to building organizational structure? Does planning and communicating across all levels of team architecture feel natural to you? Do you want be pivotal to building a culture where every person loves coming to work, feels valued and has critical input into seeing the business succeed?
About the Role
You must be fiercely committed to supporting a rapidly growing team, communicating change, ensuring accuracy and expediency in daily tasks, and maximizing productivity across all aspects of the business.
Most importantly you must share our North Star vision for integrating sustainable practices and a circular approach for production and daily operations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Regularly working with team members of all levels to complete administrative projects and support operational requirements.
· Leading and planning administrative projects and determining the needs of the business.
· Improving the efficiency of the business and managing the time of the executive leaders through organization and prioritizing of tasks, setting critical meetings and diffusing work conflicts.
· Problem-solving through conflict within the workplace and/or challenges with vendors, customers, and partners.
· Taking initiative and necessary steps to independently overcome challenges within the organization.
Knowledge & Experience
Our Chief of Staff must demonstrate:
· High level of multi-tasking and ability to switch tasks quickly
· Tenacious follow-through
· Very strong problem solving
· Very strong time management
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Excellent customer service
· Positive attitude a must
· Attention to detail
· Strong desire to learn new tasks
· Ability to work independently
· An innate “Do-er” and desire to go above what is expected
· Understands the need for a sense of urgency and the importance of confidentiality
At least 5 years of high-level administrative experience supporting diverse teams and managing complex projects is required.
· Experience with integrating and supporting ERP software for asset/inventory tracking, budgeting, and service reporting is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of industrial environmental health and safety programs and OSHA compliance is a big plus.
We value radical candor and transparent, authentic, and inclusive leadership. You will begin with one direct report and be directly involved with advancing team member professional development, and growing the team based on regular assessments of company needs.
Location & Travel
Aquacycl is based in Escondido, California and we prefer to have our Chief of Staff onsite as much as possible as this is a critical role for growing our production and service capabilities. However, flexible work from home schedules are possible at times.
Aquacycl provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.