ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Chief of Staff is responsible for providing ongoing support for the co-founders/co-CEOs as well as the management and execution of a variety of special projects. This role works closely with the executive team and senior leadership and works cross-functionally, especially with the Communications, Operations, Sales, and People teams. This person also oversees the founders' office, budget and support team and serves as a leader and culture carrier to the organization. The Chief of Staff manages, supports, and translates the priorities of the co-CEOs, providing input and strategic support where needed to buoy the executive leadership team and founder initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Drafting external and internal founder communications, including board decks, team presentations, blog posts, network e-blasts, press responses, etc.
- Partnering with the co-CEOs in any strategic financing or corporate development matters
- Managing key critical relationships in place of co-CEOs when needed.
- Leading communication protocol with key members of senior leadership, investors and advisors.
- Working closely with the Public Relations team
- Vetting new business and partnership opportunities on behalf of the founders before passing to relevant team members
- Managing the founders' network of contacts and connections and leveraging appropriately for internal company initiatives.
- Facilitating founder approvals and best practices for founder review of broader team objectives and initiatives.
- Working closely with other key stakeholders and the Founder’s executive assistant to ensure proper preparation of the co-founders and optimization of founder time.
- Overseeing and lead the scoping of high priority, complex, executive sponsored projects end-to-end and secure stakeholder and working team engagement and alignment up front.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BS/BA degree, recent MBA or graduate degree is a plus
- 5+ years experience management consulting. Investment banking is a plus
- Strategic thinker that can tailor nuanced responses to different audiences and define priorities
- Ability to weigh in on or make decisions with authority across all parts of a business.
- Experience in media industry or startups is a plus but not required
- Exceptional communications skills
- Self starter; Highly motivated and resourceful with proven ability to lead and execute
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Experience preparing management presentations
- Ability to execute good judgment, tact, professionalism and diplomacy when interacting with employees, managers or clients
- Adept at handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, results-driven, rapidly changing environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!