Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care. We’re starting by radically improving the $90 billion pet food industry, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed mystery pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered over 200 million meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We are looking for an organized, analytical and strategic operations expert to serve as a right-hand partner to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as Chief of Staff. This is a great opportunity for a highly driven, self motivated individual to help drive key critical initiatives and outcomes across the company. This role is ideal for someone looking to join a fast-paced growth organization, spearhead large cross functional projects, and work closely with innovative leaders.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Partner with CEO to proactively define, understand, and address the highest priority problems facing the company
- Develop a deep understanding of key metrics/financials that measure the organization's success and ensure that reporting and insights are delivered to CEO, flagging items that require attention
- Anticipate the needs of the CEO and the rest of the Leadership Group and work to tackle problems before they occur
- Partner with multiple functions across the business and ensuring alignment on goals, plans, and results
- Own and lead the organizational OKR and annual planning process
- Lead the preparation process for Board materials and monthly updates
- Support CEO in investor relations and partnership efforts as needed
- Help to assess new business initiatives, partnerships and opportunities in partnership with the New Ventures function
- Attend meetings on behalf of CEO as needed, including representing perspectives, taking notes and follow up with the CEO after meetings
- Lead priorities, do calendar audits, review and synthesize metrics and initiatives to support company priority setting
- Prepare meeting agendas, take notes, and assign action items at weekly Alignment Group meetings
- Run Company-wide All Hands programming and offsite/strategic meetings
- Spearhead special projects as needed and identified, driving key results and pushing projects forward
We're Excited About You Because
- 7+ years of total professional experience; background in, management consulting, operations, strategy and/or product management
- Experience with strategic planning, product planning, organizational planning, and operational follow-through
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously under tight timelines and rapidly shifting priorities
- Trustworthy and can keep sensitive information confidential at all times
- Data-informed individual with an interest in taking action to improve key metrics
- Strong business and financial competence
- Extremely organized, diligent with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and document writing skills - you can develop and deliver engaging presentations, write concise and compelling documents and run efficient and productive meetings
- Capable of managing TFD member relationships across multiple functions internally and externally
- No project should be too small, nor any problem too big to work through; embraces challenges head on
- Experience with similar high-growth tech organizations
- Excited to primarily work out of the NYC office! While we do promote a hybrid culture and encourage flexibility in your work weeks, this role will primarily be an in office role. Given the nature of this role and its proximity to the CEO, we believe an in office approach will be most effective.
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. All hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment - a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday.
NYC and Florida: Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (in accordance with the CDC definition of vaccination) and provide proof thereof in order to work on-site at the New York City and/or Florida offices, unless the employee has an approved exemption (per state/local law) in place prior to the employee's start date.
Nashville: TFD requests that employees provide proof of vaccination on a voluntary basis prior to working on-site at the Nashville office, in line with local legislation.
The above RTO guidelines and vaccination policy is based on current local COVID-19 guidelines and is subject to change. We strongly encourage employees to take every necessary precaution to prioritize the safety of yourself and of those around you.
A Few Of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug