As the first pistachio milk in the U.S., Táche is a digitally native brand creating a new category rooted in three pillars: better tasting, better for the environment, and better for you. A well-positioned challenger brand in the burgeoning alt-milk market, Táche has experienced exponential growth since its launch last fall.
As a first-generation Iranian-American, pistachios were a mainstay in Roxana Saidi’s home growing up. These nuts were her favorite not only for their cultural significance in Middle Eastern homes but also for their numerous health benefits. In 2015, Roxana started making pistachio milk as an alternative to almond milk, which was depleting her native CA of water during its worst drought on record. Elated to learn pistachios require significantly less water than almonds, Roxana set out to create a more sustainable, delicious alt-milk and without any of the unhealthy added oil of oat.
Táche launched in Nov 2020 via DTC and Food Service channels. With distribution in both NY and SoCal, Táche is rapidly expanding across third-wave coffee shops and cafes (Devoción, Ralph's, Maman, Butler & Sant Ambroeus to name a few), as well as in select specialty and natural grocers.
As part of our ethos as a female-led and founded company, we proudly donate a portion of our profits to fund education and empowerment for young women and girls in our community. We have partnered with The Lower Eastside Girls Club of New York as our nonprofit partner.
Táche is based in Brooklyn and has been featured in Bon Appétit, Forbes, Well & Good, Vogue, Refinery29, and NYMag.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Chief of Staff who is innovative, thoughtful, and an effective problem solver. Someone who is committed to the highest levels of ethical, professional, and personal excellence. Skilled at prioritizing and completing multiple tasks, project management, strategic planning, and facilitating large-scale organizational growth.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief of Staff (CoS) provides support and works closely with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) in all strategic initiatives to streamline and successfully execute the CEO’s vision and strategic business goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Performance Measurement & Business Strategy
- Understand, track, and communicate the CEO’s vision, KPIs and analytics to their team and implement a roadmap to ensure all deliverables and goals are met or exceeded
- Proactively follow up with the Co-Founders if and when goals are not being achieved to determine why objectives are not being met. Provide actionable recommendations for improvement
- Act as the point of contact for the CEO’s direct reports. Triage all incoming requests for executive’s time and ensure their calendars are aligned with the priorities of the organization
- Represent the CEO via email, Slack, and phone with internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as a thought partner to the Co-Founders, standing in on meetings, taking notes, and following up on action items accordingly
- Build and run cadence for Exec meetings, board meetings, and leadership offsites
- Establish an operational cadence of the business by bringing all the data and metrics in a common set of dashboards for the executive team
- Structure company-wide communications delivered in bi-weekly All Hands/Weekly updates/Goal updates
- Build a process to track and nurture key stakeholders, investors, and clients in company CRM
- Communicate with investors while helping to prepare investment decks, executive presentations, and other high-value collateral
- Act as the People and Talent Teams to ensure you have the tools and resources needed for efficient and effective hiring
- Design and develop enhanced operational strategies to support growth including managing org chart, leading cross-functional processes, onboarding new tech & tools, flagging resource needs, and shifting priorities to meet them
People & Culture Management
As a community-obsessed team, this is an essential piece in Tache’s next phase of growth. The CoS act as the Culture Creator/ Carrier for the company, fostering an inclusive work environment that everyone is excited to thrive in every day with the support they need. Be the first point of contact with employees for all office-related needs, build and maintain relationships with multiple vendors, and oversee day-to-day operations.
- People Operations/ Recruiting:
- Support company growth through recruiting (i.e. draft JDs, post job listings, schedule interviews, perform initial screenings)
- Enthusiastically leverage robust network to attract new team members and "friends" of Táche
- Map and streamline the onboarding process for all new hires
- Culture/D&I Strategy:
- Planning and facilitating all-hands meetings, offsite events, and other key cultural and
- team-building initiatives
- Events: Drive various events including monthly team activities and companywide offsites
- Identify any areas of improvement for team culture
- Take charge of logistical planning of virtual and in-person events including lodging,
- entertainment, travel, and meeting coordination
- Compile, analyze, and communicate data necessary for CEO & ELT to make critical decisions across fundraising, finance, brand, product, and customer success
- Manage and drive weekly/monthly meetings including identifying & evaluating KPIs related to the company's success
- Manage quarterly and annual goals & strategic planning initiatives in tandem with the CEO & ELT
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Experience working at an early-stage, fast-growing startup
- The ability to anticipate the needs of high-profile Executives in a proactive manner
- A highly organized mindset, and experience with managing complex projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Minimum 7+ years experience in similar roles
- Positive, proactive, upbeat attitude with a service-oriented heart
- Extraordinary attention to detail and organization skills
- A desire to work closely with and represent our founders both internally and externally
- Experience managing complex day-to-day schedules to coordinate interviews, internal meetings, and external client meetings
- Team player with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Initiative, attention to detail, the ability to learn quickly, and agility for managing many moving pieces in a fast-paced environment
- Builder Mentality - someone who is excited to join a founding team in a fast-paced environment with the perseverance and grit to build awesome things and tackle complex problems
- Pride in work - someone with a personal commitment to the company’s mission and the ability to articulate that mission clearly
- Care - We care deeply for our people, our products, our company, our planet, and our community. “Checking the box” becomes obsolete when we nurture, protect, and cherish the work that we do thoughtfully. We value showing kindness to our teammates as well as being kind to oneself.
- Excellence - We set very high standards for ourselves, each other, and the work that we do. It is our high level of excellence across collaboration, resourcefulness, and follow through that we are able to make the world a Táche better.
- Innovation - Bold thinking leads to bold ideas. We are not only building a new category, but an entirely new way of thinking about pistachios, alt-milk, and more. As the first pistachio milk in the US, it’s central to our brand’s ethos that we continue to lead in food and beverage innovation.
- Integrity - Consistent and uncompromising, we value the integrity of principles, health, product, and brand. We know as both individuals and as a team, integrity is part of the fabric that binds us and is a layer in everything we do.
- Pistachios - With an unparalleled heritage and history dating back to 7000 BC, pistachios are at the heart of everything we make. Pistachios are a centerpiece of the Middle Eastern home and we embrace their cultural significance. Known as “the smiling nut,” these healthy nuts have now started to emerge in the US in a new and exciting way.
We offer a competitive salary package, strong health benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, a monthly wellness stipend, and fun quarterly team activities.
HOW TO APPLY
As a company led by a BIPOC, female-founder, Táche seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences. Under-represented individuals are highly encouraged to apply.
Here’s what our process looks like:
- Fill out this Typeform
- Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will contact you for an initial 20-30 minute interview if we believe you are a good fit