The Chief of Staff will use strong leadership and problem-solving skills to assist with the daily operations and strategic planning of our newest site in Holly Springs, NC. Reporting to the site head, this role requires the ability to organize, communicate, and delegate items that will result in the delivering this project on time and within budget.
They will serve as an air traffic controller for the leader and the senior leadership team; as an integrator connecting work streams that would otherwise remain siloed ; as a communicator linking the leadership team and the broader organization; as an honest broker and truth teller when the leader needs a wide-ranging view without turf considerations; and as a confidant without an organizational agenda.
- Collaborating with executive team members to determine and prioritize business strategies
- Managing the executive’s schedule, scheduling meetings and planning travel
- Creating briefs for upcoming meetings
- Providing department leaders with recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork
- Planning, coordinating, and keeping contents of a meeting focused – running SLT, eSLT, and other offsite meetings as necessary
- Proactively identifies and provides recommendations on improvements across the organization
- Provides content and talking points for engagements
- Acts as a confidential sounding board for the review of ideas, policies, etc.
- Tracks action items and follows up with resolution, updates, or informing others on conversations as needed.
- Acts as a central point of communication across the site, ensuring that messages are synced and aligned across the appropriate channels.
- Leads special projects as assigned.
- Ability to build relationships across the enterprise
- Communicates, builds consensus, and resolves issues with diplomacy
- Proven expertise building and executing project plans.
- Appreciate for People First culture and the need to advance values in all interactions
- Highly organized with the ability to manage complex projects simultaneously
- Sounds judgement and ability to decipher high-value work from routine tasks – executing at the appropriate level across the site
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or MBA highly preferred.
- Previous experience working within the Life Science industry required.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to draft messaging that aligns with brand within corporate guidelines
- Innately motivated to ensure the success of the site, leadership team, and project goals.
- Sense of urgency and willingness to respond to emergencies as needed.
- Project Management background a plus.