Let's Get To Know Each Other
At Care/of, we take the guesswork out of feeling better by helping people build custom vitamin routines based on their unique needs. Whether it's our personalized daily vitamin packs and powders through our direct-to-consumer business, or our multivitamins and blends with our retail partner Target, our products are backed by science and include a combination of highly-researched nutrients and traditionally used herbs. By providing honest guidance and better ingredients, we aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health.
Since our launch in 2016, we have raised capital from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, Juxtapose, and Bayer. In late 2020, Bayer secured additional investment in Care/of giving it majority ownership. By joining forces with Bayer, we are able to expand our ability to connect directly with new and existing customers and elevate our unwavering commitment to science-backed guidance, quality ingredients, and sustainable practices.
We're excited to meet you!
What you'll do:
We're looking for a Chief of Staff to drive organizational efficiency & leadership accountability. This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure across all aspects of our fast growing business.
You will own processes that help translate the company vision into tactical plans & goals. As an empathetic leader & strategic thinker, you will drive alignment across leadership teams on topics ranging from high-level strategy to day-to-day operational decisions. You're a highly-organized systems thinker with a knack for developing relationships with everyone - from the intern to the CEO - and have a passion for helping teams & individuals work more effectively.
You will report directly to the CEO, Craig Elbert, and work closely with the CFO, Ruchi Khullar, and the entire Executive & Functional Leadership Teams.
- Own the annual strategic planning process: define & hold teams accountable to timelines & deliverables; partner closely with leaders to ensure alignment across the organization
- Guide our quarterly planning process: work with department heads to define OKRs; create communications to drive clarity, alignment & accountability across the organization; create & communicate monthly OKR status updates
- Manage strategic roadmap hygiene & monthly updates: hold project managers accountable for recurring updates; manage our project governance process; write & share monthly roadmap status updates
- Manage our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion task force: facilitate monthly meetings to ensure cross-functional teams are executing towards our already defined DEI strategy, pillars & goals
- Design and implement processes that help the team work together more effectively: specify needs for operational tools; create best practices for cross-functional collaboration
- Lead and manage weekly, monthly & quarterly Executive & Functional Leadership Team meetings: define agendas; prepare materials; facilitate meetings; capture minutes, action items and follow-ups
- Facilitate key leadership conversations to drive decision making, focus and efficiency
- Represent the voice of the Functional Leadership team: drive alignment & operational improvements for our second level of leadership
- Attend board meetings, draft summary notes & manage follow-ups
- Support CEO in preparation for ad hoc investor meetings
- Serve as integration point-person; project manage requests from Bayer counterparts
Where you'll be:
We are encouraging employees (whose job responsibilities allow) to work remotely with the option of returning to the office. We are committed to prioritizing workspace flexibility by building systems to create an inclusive and productive environment in which employees feel most comfortable working (role permitting).
This role will require you to be based in the NYC metropolitan area. You will be expected to come into our New York City office at least once a month, and you are welcome to go in as often as you would like.
Who you are:
You're someone with a strong business acumen, have excellent analytical and organization skills, and are able to prioritize and communicate effectively. You're an agile thinking that is comfortable with both high-level strategy and detailed tactical execution.
- 5+ years of relevant strategy, operational, project management or consulting experience
- High EQ & exceptional interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders around complex decisions with no clear right answer; ability to lead, persuade & influence without formal authority
- Ability to create order from chaos; translate strategy into clear & efficient executional processes
- Honest & upfront: comfortable with challenging assumptions & signaling problems as they arise
Extra carrots 🥕 (preferred, but not required):
Even if you don't meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you're submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins and powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected and building community.
- Socially and culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback and being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor and love; Recognize and stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental and physical abilities - in our work and beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Don't shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Don't be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality and the status quo.
Our Commitment to You:
At Care/of, we're committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR POTENTIAL CANDIDATES:
On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, we have decided our policy is to require all Care/of employees to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. This requirement applies to all current and future Care/of employees. Care/of is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.
We know your privacy is important to you. If you'd like to read more on how we protect your information, you can learn more here.