Fuel Talent is partnering with CREO to find an experienced Chief of Staff to join their impressive organization.
CREO is a NYC-headquartered 501(c)3 public charity with a mission to galvanize capital for climate and sustainability solutions and the decarbonization of industries. With a focus on capital markets, CREO works towards the goal of transforming the economy into a sustainable system that supports a decarbonized future for all.
CREO is seeking a tactical and thoughtful Chief of Staff for CREO’s increasing presence in the Americas (North, South, and Central America and the Caribbean). Working in concert with the Americas team, the Chief of Staff, Americas will coordinate activities across all team members in the region by organizing member and team information to facilitate decision making, acting as a liaison between other regional and global teams, and assisting the Managing Director, Americas with member engagement, member services, and other administrative priorities.
This vital position will work closely with CREO’s team in the Americas across various projects. The Chief of Staff, Americas will report to the Managing Director, Americas.
Please note: this is a remote position with a strong preference for candidates located on the East Coast.
Year One Objectives
- Streamline member engagement and other regional initiatives by developing and overseeing a process to coordinate activities across the Americas team, including tracking meeting follow-ups, service-related deliverables, and overall prioritization of work;
- Bring efficiency to the delivery of global activities by coordinating with the Americas team and the relevant global team on member engagement related to virtual and in-person programming, research initiatives, and member services;
- Support the Managing Director, Americas with member growth by organizing the development process, including scheduling calls, tracking communications and follow up, preparing meeting materials, and managing Salesforce administration;
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Director, Americas, including tracking member communications, scheduling virtual and in-person meetings with regional and global stakeholders, coordinating with the HR team on regional hiring and onboarding, and other administrative priorities.
- Liaise with other regional (EMEA and eventually APAC) and global (Research, Programs, Services) teams to ensure strategic alignment and support informed decision-making for the Americas team.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in the corporate, investment, or non-profit space, including executive assistance, project management, marketing and/or communications.
- Demonstration of the ability to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion
- Comfort working in a multi-time-zone setting that leverages cloud-based platforms for work activities and communications, including Outlook, Slack, and Salesforce
- Fluency in English required; fluency in French and/or Spanish desirable
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills for internal and external audiences
CREO strives to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs and job requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
More About CREO
To achieve our mission, CREO works with an ecosystem of global stakeholders, including Members (wealth owners, family offices and family enterprises), Affiliate Members (select institutional and corporate investors), and Partners (aligned investors such as pension funds, university endowments, or private equity; government; not-for-profit organizations; and academia).
CREO core activities include:
- Building Community: build meaningful relationships and foster collaboration among the global pool of active climate and sustainability investors;
- Building Investor Competence: deliver programs, research products, and services to apply a climate and sustainability lens to all investment strategies;
- Data Aggregation, Research and Analysis: leverage CREO’s unique access to practitioners’ expertise to develop research products and build a global center of knowledge for applied climate and sustainability finance;
- Facilitating Investment: Originate, review, share, and facilitate aligned investment opportunities across asset class, sectors and geographies that achieve carbon mitigation, carbon removal, improved management of our ecological systems and resources, and supports circular approaches;
- Active Leadership: Partner with other leading organizations and increase information flow to optimize coordination between investors, corporations, and institutions.
CREO leads with the intensity of an investment bank and the heart of a foundation. We apply the following organizational values to all facets of our work:
- Do the right thing: we use good judgement, lead with humility, and act with integrity
- Never stop exploring: we seek new ideas, people, places, and ways of doing things
- Act with discipline: we commit to our work, team members and timelines
- Think big: together, we can do more
- No BS
- Be kind