For more than 20 years, people-driven companies have turned to Sequoia to get their employee experience right. We’re in this business because we know that taking great care of people leads to better business outcomes. Helping our clients achieve those outcomes is what drives our team, our strategic service offerings, and our technology forward.
Sequoia comes through for clients with guidance, service, and the Sequoia People Platform. Through their compensation, benefits, and overall people programs, we enable them to better manage their global workforce, reduce administrative burdens, and reach a deeper level of employee care and support. We strategically use technology to enhance the expert guidance and committed service we bring to every client engagement.
At Sequoia, we are experiencing an incredible period of growth and expansion as the direct result of understanding our client’s needs and developing products and technology that will support the future of their Total People Investment. To continue on this trajectory, we are searching for a highly qualified Chief of Staff to work closely with our executive team..
The Chief of Staff (COS) will be the right hand to the Chief Executive Officer to help drive forward the strategic direction of Sequoia and to further our mission to come through for the people who put their trust in us. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on our productivity; streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments that will enhance the success of the whole team. The COS will build and oversee key initiatives related to the team, and the overall Sequoia ecosystem. Success in the role will result in you being viewed by the team as the key person behind the scenes making sure we’re understanding and addressing the needs of our team and key stakeholders. You will be leveraging your cross-functional relationships to understand challenges and opportunities in the business. You will act to build ‘connective tissue’ in communicating needs across the team and across the company. With your efforts, Sequoia will be executing at a higher level than ever before, and our CEO is focused on the most critical, highest value priorities for the company.
About The CEO
Sequoia has been in business for 20+ years and Greg Golub has been the owner, founder and visionary of Sequoia from the onset. Greg is a true visionary; constantly executing years ahead of client expectations while mastering their current requirements. He has a strong “Quick Start” profile, working quickly and efficiently while never sacrificing cultural values or his dedication to the experience of the team. His commitment to the team experience, collaboration and a culture of care is unparalleled.
What You Get To Do
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance and partnership of senior leadership and Productivity Team leads
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management and initiative implementation
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to workflow, uncovering technology, knowledge and skills gaps and partnering to rectify
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures paving the way for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Serve as liaison between team members, executives, senior leaders, and the CEO, regarding Sequoia initiatives, milestones, project updates, proposals, and planning
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, performing an array of value-added tasks from learning and understanding each area of the business, keeping the CEO updated on major and connected initiatives, planning and coordinating meetings and offsites, and constantly proposing and testing process improvements
- Build and develop relationships with all team members for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness regarding existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
What You Bring
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a COS role and/or business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising, interdepartmental collaboration and operations management
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or similar field and/or 12+ years in a business or executive management role
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans using key data and reporting tools
- Results-oriented, solution centric and proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams through planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Ability to interface cross-departmentally with colleagues and partners using exceptional communication skills
- A reputation and track record for partnering with leaders as a true Business Partner; helping to drive their organizational agenda and staying ahead of growth challenges
- You are fueled by curiosity, data, technology, understanding the future direction of the company and how to position and strengthen our offerings to support our vision
- Strong growth orientation, analytical skills, budget management and the ability to communicate data factually and insightfully
- Most importantly, you resonate with and are excited to live and exemplify our Sequoia values day in and day out. Every program designed is in support and protection of our unique and treasured culture and you serve as an obvious example of our values
Important Professional Characteristics
- Organized — You are able to stay personally organized while managing the priorities of the CEO and leadership team. You thrive on accessing information holistically across the company.
- Sense of Urgency — You act as an additional entrepreneurial spirit promoting speed on the team and working against the natural pace challenges as companies grow.
- Persuasive — You are able to weigh in on or make decisions with authority across all parts of a business.
- Coachable — You are open to feedback and learning from any member of the team.
- Collaborative, empathetic — You are dedicated to building a networked organization, ensuring teams communicate while maintaining a constant temperature check on team dynamics.
If you are dedicated to continuously building an innovative future, to optimizing teams and talent and you have a track record of execution and excellence, you should meet the team at Sequoia. We live in a team-orientated environment that focuses on meeting and surpassing the needs of our incredible clients and our incredible colleagues.
We Expect That These Will Resonate With You, Excite You, And Empower You To Do Your Best Work
Sequoia exists to come through for people who put their trust in us. Our team members live by a set of core values that underscore everything we do – for each other and for our clients.
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
What We Offer
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia offers team members compensation and benefits to support the physical, financial and emotional wellbeing of you and your loved ones. We continuously and purposefully build an inclusive culture, designed to empower everyone to do their best work.
Our compensation and benefits are thoughtful, competitive and leading edge, but most of all, they reflect what our people value most.
We employ diverse talent across North America and focus on well-rounded, values- based colleagues to add to our culture and help us forge new ground.
Sequoia provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We are building something special in the world of HR and this is an important role for us, and an incredible opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us truly make a difference investing in people.
Sequoia has offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Tempe, and Bangalore. Visit Sequoia.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn more.