About Color Camp
Color Camp is an LA-based venture-backed DTC company. Our mission is to inspire happiness and confidence with high-quality beauty products that promote colorful self-expression. We’re starting with nails because that’s what we know best—we operated two of LA’s most popular nail salons prior to COVID. Now, thanks to our COVID pivot, we make premium nail care products that provide innovative, time-saving solutions, while celebrating good design, the people that make it and the people that love it.
But nails are just the beginning. We’re building a strong brand that can extend into other verticals and we have big ambitions to become an innovative, world-class leader in beauty and color cosmetics. We’re a small, entrepreneurial team with established traction and amazing advisors and capital partners fueling our growth.
About the Role
As Chief of Staff you will play a critical role in the strategy and execution of high-visibility projects spanning marketing, strategy, operations and supply chain. Projects can be tailored to your skills and interests. You’ll gain a 360-degree understanding of how to scale an early-stage, hyper-growth startup from the ground up. You’ll work in close partnership with our founder (Harvard College, Harvard Business School, ex-Disney) to lead mission-critical projects that will shape the future of the business.
You’ll have an amazing support system from our primary investor, a leading DTC-focused VC fund, and receive mentorship from high-quality talent from across their portfolio companies. This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage startup with tons of ownership and impact, while benefiting from the built-in guidance and support of our partners.
Strategy & Operations
Gross Margin Improvement
- Analyze our existing supply chain and manufacturing process
- Make recommendations for process improvements and materials procurement to reduce costs and facilitate scale
- Work cross-functionally with sourcing, production and fulfillment teams to implement findings and quantify savings
New Product Development
- Conduct competitive research and consumer insights work to identify demand trends and white space opportunities
- Work with internal and external partners (potentially including brands, influencers, and others) to develop new product lines
- Set our manufacturing strategy, vendor selection, and go-to-market strategy to deliver product to market
Manufacturing & Supply Chain Automation
- Research and identify technologies (including robotics, AI, AR, and advanced analytics) to improve manufacturing efficiency to deliver savings and enable scalability
- Lead implementation of new technologies and build efficient processes
Digital Marketing Optimization
- Plan, experiment, and scale digital marketing and content strategies across new and existing channels
- Develop and maintain a rigorous analytical test-and-learn framework based on performance marketing KPIs
- Work with other portfolio companies to understand, codify, and test best practices in performance marketing
Owned and Earned Media Strategy
- Explore and launch alternative marketing initiatives outside of paid ads to reduce customer acquisition cost and / or improve customer lifetime value (e.g. referral, affiliate, loyalty, influencer, etc.)
- Develop a framework to measure effectiveness across each initiative and make recommendations for scaling initiatives
- 2-5 years experience and proven track record with a top-tier management consultancy, global investment bank or private equity firm
- Analytical, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial-minded and highly organized
- Strong data analysis and modeling skills (Excel / Google Sheets)
- Strong communication and structured storytelling skills (Powerpoint / Google Slides)
- Understanding of key business metrics and P&L drivers
- Impeccable attention to detail and operational excellence
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to zoom in and out from high-level strategy to detailed execution
- Experience in and / or passion for e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, or beauty
- 4-year degree with strong academic performance
Color Camp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.