What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Chief of Staff / Executive Business Manager - Server Solutions Group
The Chief of Staff is the central supporting focal point that spans the business and technical aspects of the Server Solutions Group, across Product (Planning, Marketing), Platform Engineering, Program Management, Software & Eco-system Enablement in the Server business unit. The CoS is responsible for ensuring consistent operational models for key business processes, as well as developing and coordinating executive material for internal and external audiences. The role also includes driving key strategic initiatives as determined by business needs at the time.
The successful candidate is a proactive and execution focused leader! She/he is skilled in developing and sustaining positive interpersonal relationships, with a consistent track record of influencing in a matrixed environment. The Chief of Staff is creative and innovative in crafting solutions; is results driven with the ability to make decisions quickly.
- Drive SSG governance model (weekly staff and operational meetings); prepare presentations for key internal executive, customer and partner, and public meetings and events
- Effectively work with each function across the SSG staff and Server BU Staff for overall strategic planning, program planning and management to support strategic goals
- Coordinate and manage key segment and corporate deliverables on behalf of Server BU
- Effectively work across functional teams for overall strategic planning, program management to support strategic goals
- Drive and enable a culture of innovation
- Develop effective partnerships and work collaboratively with business partners (HR, Fin, Legal, etc.)
- In partnership with Communications and HR, develop and manage internal and external communications
- Workforce capacity and workforce planning
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Demonstrated technical team/project and program leadership success;
- Recent and thorough experience in the hi-tech industry; experience in the Server industry is highly desirable;
- Proactive and execution focused;
- Skilled in developing and sustaining positive interpersonal relationships;
- A track record of creativity and innovation in solutions;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Action and results-orientation with the ability to make decisions quickly;
- High level of proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and in data manipulation, analysis and presentation.
- Undergraduate degree required. Engineering degree preferred
Location: Austin, TX
Requisition Number: 138281
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Business Management
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.