Chief of Staff
As the Chief of Staff, you will collaborate closely with our CEO to drive strategic initiatives, streamline operations, and enhance organizational efficiency. With your expertise in management consulting and strategy, you will provide valuable insights and recommendations to support key business decisions. Additionally, you will play a pivotal role in leading the planning processes, establishing clear objectives, and tracking progress against goals and metrics. This is an exceptional opportunity to work alongside our CEO and contribute to the growth and success of Thunkable.
This is a Hybrid role (2 days a week in the office) and located in San Francisco.
What you’ll do
- Drive the annual and quarterly planning processes, working closely with the CEO and department heads to establish clear objectives, key results (OKRs), and actionable plans.
- Monitor progress against goals, metrics, and OKRs, proactively identifying areas for improvement and working with stakeholders to address any deviations.
- Implement effective tracking mechanisms and reporting systems in collaboration with the Data team to provide timely updates on key initiatives and performance indicators, ensuring accountability and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop and execute strategic initiatives, ensuring alignment with organizational goals.Act as a trusted advisor to the CEO, providing guidance, insights, and recommendations on critical matters.
- Streamline and optimize internal processes and workflows to enhance organizational efficiency and productivity.
- Identify operational bottlenecks and propose solutions to enhance scalability and drive growth.
- Serve as a liaison between the CEO and internal/external stakeholders when needed, including our team members, managers, investors, and board members.
- Work closely with department heads to ensure effective execution of strategic initiatives and alignment with overall company objectives.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive culture by promoting cross-functional communication and knowledge sharing.
What you’ll need
- Proven experience in management consulting, strategy, or a similar role in a high-growth tech company.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to gather, synthesize, and present complex information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Highly organized with strong project management abilities, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy in work output.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential information with utmost integrity.
Life at Thunkable
Thunkable is on a mission to democratize app development and empower everyone to build without writing a single line of code. Our platform enables anyone to build and publish their iOS and Android apps for free. Today, non-engineers use Thunkable to prototype and share new ideas, develop proofs-of-concept for their own digital business, and design and ship their own ad-supported and premium apps. Thunkable was incubated at Google Research and MIT.
We are backed by Lightspeed, NEA, Owl Ventures, SV Angel, Zhenfund, and Y-Combinator. Our founders are MIT engineers who want to extend the power and fun of creation to people who don’t code. Joining Thunkable means joining a team of passionate, entrepreneurial and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals.
What will you get when joining our team?
- Get compensated: We offer competitive pay, equity and benefits to our employees based on their location. You’ll get access to unlimited PTO regardless of your location.
- Wellness and Training Budget: We value your well-being and want to invest in it.
- Shared values: Creativity, Openness, Transparency, Persistence, and Entrepreneurialism.
- Challenge yourself by acquiring new abilities, interacting with clients, enhancing products, or learning design. We will encourage you to reach your full potential.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace helps ensure we learn from each other’s different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and is critical for building a product that supports the wide range of our users’ needs. Thunkable is an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position offers a competitive salary that is based on a combination of factors including location. The salary range for this role in San Francisco is between $160,000 and $200,000 per year and will be based on qualifications and skills. If the successful candidate is located in a different location or country, the salary may vary based on the cost of living, currency and other local factors. We are open to discussing salary with candidates who are interested in the role and may be willing to negotiate based on the candidate's experience and qualifications. We are committed to paying our employees fairly and providing opportunities for professional growth and development.