Project A Ventures
Chief of Staff
About The Job
We’re looking for a motivated Chief of Staff (m/f/d) to join one of our portfolio companies and support its go-to market strategies. In your day-to-day work, you’ll ensure that our portfolio company’s business-critical services are optimised and get the opportunity to contribute to various projects.
Join our portfolio company: A German company that changes the way the construction industry buys its materials. The startup has an international, intercultural team of serial founders and experienced executives. The company is well capitalised and supported by European top tier VCs and construction tech experts, among others.
In this role, you’ll:
- Function as the right-hand to and sparring partner for the company's C-level (mainly the CEO) regarding both strategic and operational topics from ideation to project management and implementation (e.g. extension of the go-to-market strategy, geographic expansion across Europe, global operations from manufacturing to logistics)
- Set up and manage the CEO’s strategic priorities including identifying priorities, metrics for success and act as a delegate for the CEO by attending meetings
- Oversee large, cross-functional projects and initiatives with multiple stakeholders focusing on both internal and external topics
- Improve current or develop new processes to keep the company's local and regional teams as efficient as possible and identify operational and structural weaknesses
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to facilitate expansion efforts, and making data driven decisions
- Drive initiatives such as cross-functional strategic processes, long-term vision/roadmap planning, work flawlessly in partnership with Commercial, Growth, Product, Ops, Marketing and other adjacent areas where applicable
- Experience with a background in top tier management consulting, finance and / or high-growth technology companies preferred
- High proficiency in tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite and Salesforce
- Familiarity with high-growth start-ups (ideally B2B) with a knowledge of Product, Marketing, Sales and Operations and experienced in managing numerous high-impact projects with multiple stakeholders and conflicting deadlines
- Proven track record of interacting with senior executives either as a consultant or in an in-house setting
- An ambitious multi-tasker and a problem solver with strong program and project management skills
- A self-starter, investigating and getting the data you require to make your work more effective
- A clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesise a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take-aways, and disseminate meaningful insights
- A team spirit with an ability to work with remote teams across different time zones in order to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Strong communication skills in German and English
Please note that we are looking for support in the Berlin office of our portfolio company. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well
Benefits And Perks
- Fulfil a role with entrepreneurial freedom and take a pre-validated business model to the next level
- Join an experienced Founder Team of serial and second time founders (female/male)
- Attractive based, bonus and incentive program - participate in the company’s upside
- Collaborate with top tier investors such as Project A Ventures and Angels (incl. Various unicorn founders) as well as some of the best market experts
Apply below and become a part of our success story!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diverse and equal opportunities hiring for all – applicants, candidates, and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and look forward to your application.