Bedrock is operationalizing the largest Earth-exploration mission in human history. We’re doing that by developing robotics & software to explore, map, and classify the entirety of Earth's ocean floor. The oceans are a critical component of climate stabilization. Our hope is to provide critical subsea data and infrastructure to further understand and predict the fundamental forces that support harmonious human existence on this planet.
We are looking for an ambitious Chief of Staff to manage day-to-day business operations and support the co-founders on long-term strategic initiatives. This role’s primary focus will be on internal execution and facilitating the necessary cross-functional collaboration to achieve mission success. You will create structure where there is none, and help write the playbook for optimizing our operational cadence as the team rapidly scales.
The Chief of Staff will report to the CEO, and work closely with the CTO as a thought partner to the executive team. This is an exciting opportunity to gain a 360-degree view of an early business while helping build something that will redefine ocean exploration.
- Identify operational blockers and bring together the right people and processes to address them
- Manage the recruiting process from end-to-end, and conduct initial phone screens
- Onboard new hires and continuously improve the ‘Bedrock University’ program
- Act as a liaison between third-party service providers and the executive team
- Oversee bookkeepers, A/P, and prepare 3-statement monthly financial reports
- Run quarterly and annual company planning processes and track OKRs
- Quarterback the preparation of quarterly board presentations and investor materials
- Equip the team with a live pulse on industry trends and market developments
- Maintain a competitive intelligence database of key market players and their product/service offerings
- Assist the CEO and CTO on special projects as needed
- 3-5 years in an operational or strategy role at a startup, with a background in consulting or investment banking
- An obsession with efficiency and processes
- Relentless attention to detail, yet capable of keeping the ‘big picture’ in mind
- A strong understanding of budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling
- Experience developing frameworks to facilitate strategic discussions and decision-making
- Discipline in managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to operate independently with limited instruction
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with a knack for storytelling
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and bias for action
- A positive attitude, low ego, and great sense of humor