Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Are you interested in joining the team that is responsible for building share of mind and share of wallet for Splunk? Do you enjoy helping drive initiatives while collaborating with cross-functional business leaders? Are you passionate about helping us scale our function to go to market at the speed of cloud? In this role, you will focus on driving transformation through leadership alignment, and operational rigor. As a key member of the Marketing leadership team, you will be a passionate advocate for the success of our function, our leaders and our team. This highly visible role serves as the trusted advisor and acts as a liaison to the wider Go To Market (GTM) function as well as a broad spectrum of key internal and external stakeholders; helping to determine and manage the top priorities for our marketing team and key stakeholders. Success depends on building rapport and credibility at every level. You are a strategic thinker who can quickly operationalize to solve complex problems and demonstrates natural learning agility and personal flexibility in a fast paced, change oriented environment.
Leadership Team - Ensure that the time the Leadership Team spends together is productively used. This includes managing the agenda, cadence and deliverables of leadership team meetings to ensure balanced and engaged input from the team in the development and execution of the strategic plan. This will include partnering with other key stakeholders to organize quarterly offsite meetings - Align presenters and review presentations prior to meetings to ensure meeting agenda and goals are met. Capture items from meetings share and follow up if necessary, with staff and presenters - Working with leadership, develop and manage common objective requirements of each leadership team member in relation to marketing needs that drive our business success through silo-breaking activities like common goals/objectives and critical strategic discussions.
Office of the CMO
- Responsible for managing the event and engagement calendar, employee roundtables, bi-annual all manager meetings, and organization of domestic and global trips.
- Oversee required preparation for all stakeholder meetings (customers, employees, media, Board of Directors, etc)
- Develop and deliver content for executive presentations
- Actively participate in and/or lead various forums/meetings
- Lead transformational projects and programs for/with CMO ensuring strategic focus, drive alignment and facilitating decision making with cross functional teams
- Drive follow through and resolution of action items from internal and external meetings
- Manage the Strategic Initiative, PMO and marketing Operations teams and manage strategy, process, tools and reporting to scale across the function
- Build and run Splunk's 12-month digital calendar
- In partnership with Communications, ensures consistent impactful communication to employees, customers, partners, and other key stakeholders through a variety of forums and events
- Work with key stakeholders such as our People organization on announcements and confidential projects
- Work with CMO’s EA and Comms Lead to run the weekly agenda; ensure a thorough understanding of stated priorities, and drive quality and timeliness of responses and activities
- Strategic thinker who can also execute effectively
- Strong executive presence and leadership skills
- Exceptional listening and oral and written communication and presentation skills
- 12+ years of growing responsibility with exposure to multiple business functions in a software or technology organization
- Varied business background with international operations and strategy experience working in a global company
- Ability to transform general strategic direction into tactical action plans, with validation from stakeholders, generating choices and opportunities
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- Effective and versatile with a bias for action and sense of urgency
- Proven ability to cultivate talent and nurture resources; build and drive extended and geographically-diverse teams
- Careful attention to detail and project management skills
- Experience driving large initiatives (framing the problem, conducting research/analysis, building business and operational plans, driving execution to success)
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- Strong teaming skills and the ability to bring together diverse views and drive collaboration and consensus
- Strong EQ and IQ, ability to nurture and create a trusting and transparent environment and model Splunk’s values
- Strong ability to manage multiple deliverables, even in the face of some ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal/negotiation skills, to include conflict resolution demonstrated skills in systematic problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a cross-functional environment to develop solutions that maximize business results
- Willingness to travel 20+% of time (COVID dependent)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.