About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
**Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. **Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role
Scaling any business as rapidly as we are is both exciting and challenging. We’re lucky to have a product that’s the right fit for how people work right now, a strong financial position, and a team of fantastic people. Our task for the year ahead is to capitalize on this moment and make the most of it. This means communicating to our team and partners our vision for growth, scaling our network dramatically, rapidly accelerating the pace at which we iterate on our product and service offerings, growing our ability to hire the best people and making sure they love the work they do, ensuring we bring on the best investors, and refining the systems and processes our teams use to get it all done. You’ll be working directly with our CEO, so this role is perfect for someone who wants to learn a ton about how startups scale from the best seat in the house.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- **You like zooming between the big picture and the tactical **- you love being in blue sky brainstorming and problem-solving sessions as much as you love making ideas happen in real life.
- You easily build trust with others and you are a connector - you’ve been told you have high EQ, and you tend to form genuine relationships with others very quickly. You are a pro at influencing, supporting other teams to do what they do better and better every day.
- **You have opinions and ideas **- you are a really fun sparring partner on issues strategic, organizational, and operational. You’re business-minded, and ask good questions. You know when to keep pushing an idea and when to bring the conversation to next steps.
- You don’t mind being in a supporting role - you like the idea of having the bird’s eye view of Industrious, working closely with our CEO and other leaders, and having a massive impact on the company, but are comfortable doing so in a role that is sometimes very visible, but at others more behind-the-scenes.
- **You’re a great writer. **You’ve been told that your writing is easy to understand, and you feel good churning it out quickly.
- **You pride yourself on being organized and knowing how to prioritize - **you are a list keeper. You not only keep track of tasks big and small to be done, but you tend to constantly re-evaluate their importance relative to the company at large.
- You get stuff done - you know what it feels like to deliver results on projects big and small, and you like driving things from idea through execution.
- Company culture and employee engagement is important to you - you have an ear to the ground of the company and want to do the hard work of figuring out how to build a culture across an increasingly large organization.
- You are a trusted partner to the CEO and other senior members of the organization - everyone respects and welcomes your intuition and has trust in your ability to drive change. You don’t shy away from giving tough feedback to leaders above you, and others know that your feedback is sound and to be trusted.
- You’re ethical, thoughtful, and comfortable telling your boss why they’re wrong (many times per day). You have a strong sense of what feels right and wrong, and don’t hold back in sharing your thoughts with other leaders and peers.
- **You’re always thinking about how we can do things better. **You’re not satisfied with the status quo, and every meeting, interaction, or process feels like an opportunity to help the company be better at achieving its main goals.
How you should spend your time:
- Represent the CEO in meetings, guiding teams on their strategic decisions, sharing insights from the executive team, and suggesting actionable next steps
- Own all-team communications in partnership with the COO and CEO, including All-Company calls and emails
- Oversee all-team engagement efforts, including the company offsite, holiday parties, ongoing in-person and virtual activities, etc.
- Drive efforts to strengthen the effectiveness and cohesion of the leadership and executive team, in partnership with the CEO and COO
- Represent the company externally on occasion via speaking on panels or at conferences
- Own strategic projects as needed by the executive team; pitch in on ongoing projects owned by other teams to ensure these are moving along efficiently and effectively
- Serve as a sounding board for leaders across the company, helping them to navigate the organization, gathering feedback, and removing roadblocks
- Manage the CEO’s calendar in partnership with his executive assistant, ensuring his time is well spent in the most important ways
- Prepare materials for CEO and other executive presentations, including pitches, PR opportunities, and other speaking engagements
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News: