Poshmark is the largest community marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell, and share their personal style. With millions of shoppers and seller stylists, Poshmark brings together a vibrant community every day to express themselves and share their love of fashion.
The Ideal Chief of Staff...
We are looking for a Chief of Staff for our Chief Data Officer. CoS, Data will function as an extension for CDO and lead a variety of strategic and tactical initiatives to help scale data teams and drive higher ROI from our investment in data across all business functions.
- Create and own strategic roadmap to help scale data function. Partner with various data leaders to identify, prioritize and drive execution of our longer term data initiatives
- Plan and lead data team offsites. Own follow-ups and collaborate with functional data leaders to execute on our strategy. Own planning and execution of various CDO data team meetings
- Partner with data functional leaders to Identify quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) and related initiatives. Help the team execute on initiatives to achieve our OKR. Help drive accountability and priorities across all teams
- Create and execute on Data team learning and development (L&D) strategy. Create a balanced “Build vs Buy vs Partner” strategy to create a rich data team development program
- Partner with People’s team to develop a employee engagement strategy for data team and lead strategy execution
- Ensure communication and alignment across multiple functional data and adjacent teams across multiple geographies
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify the right external data and technology partnership opportunities. Help manage the budgeting, purchase and contract process
- Partner with our PR team to identify the right partnership, speaking and publishing opportunities to elevate the role of data at Poshmark. Develop and manage both internal and external communications to maximize the impact on the intended audience. Collaborate on content development and preparation for key forums
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional leaders across the company
- Lead monthly business KPI monitoring and accountability meetings with the exec team. Own driving follow-ups in partnership with all business functional owners
- Conceptualize and lead team building events in partnership with various admin teams
- Partner with people’s team on recruiting and team management strategy and planning. Work with COO org and finance team on headcount planning and budget management. Identify needs to improvements to organizational structure, knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
**6-Month Accomplishments **
- Strong relationship with data team members and all cross functional business partners
- Deep understanding of Poshmark product and role of data in driving business growth
- Ownership of business KPI monitoring and accountability meeting
- Planning and execution of a data offsite
- Initial drafts of strategic roadmap for data team and team’s L&D strategy
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Identifying at least one data scaling initiative and leading a cross-functional team to deliver on first milestone
- Creating and getting approval and alignment on a well thought out strategic data roadmap. Execution plan in place and in motion for next 12 months deliverables
- Implement at least two employees L&D initiatives
- Bachelor degree in Business, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or other technical fields. MBA degree a strong plus
- 8+ years professional experience with minimum 3 years in a cross-functional leadership role
- Strong business acumen and operational experience. Excellent executive communication skills
- A+ project management and operational excellence skills
- Organized, detailed oriented and self-driven with “go-getter” mindset
- Experience working with data teams. Should demonstrate the understanding of data landscape and various opportunities and challenges related with scaling data teams
- Technical data background either through education or through professional experience. Experience in an analytics/data science career is a strong plus
- Prior experience in Chief of Staff role for technical teams is a strong plus
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.