We are looking for a Bi-Lingual Chief of Staff for an international bank based in New York City. This role reports directly to the CEO and will serve as a vital member of the international bank's leadership team. The Chief of Staff will be responsible for effectively communicating and coordinating with senior stakeholders, across the United States operations as well as the global headquarters.
The Chief of Staff will play a critical role in supporting the CEO in developing and executing the bank's strategic agenda, ensuring alignment with the overall global strategy. Additionally, the chief of staff will be expected to provide counsel and advice to the CEO and act as a sounding board for ideas and strategies. Furthermore, The Chief of Staff will manage a team of direct reports and be responsible for setting goals, providing feedback, and developing team members. The Chief of Staff must be capable of representing the CEO in various meetings and interactions with internal and external parties, and being able to manage cross-functional projects, teams, and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a background in finance and/or investment banking and must be able to think strategically, and creatively and provide expert knowledge and insights. Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills are a must, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally. The candidate must be an excellent manager with a proven track record of leading and developing teams. Additionally, the candidate should be highly adaptable and able to navigate the complexities of working within an international organization.
- Act as a liaison between the CEO of the Americas and other senior leaders within the bank, both in the NY head office and the global headquarters.
- Represent the CEO in various meetings and interactions with internal and external parties, as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the bank, including senior leaders, business heads, and other functional leaders.
- Partner with the CEO of the Americas to develop and execute on the bank's strategic agenda, ensuring alignment with the overall global strategy.
- Drive cross-functional initiatives and projects, working closely with teams across the bank to ensure successful execution.
- Provide counsel and advice to the CEO, and act as a sounding board for ideas and strategies.
- Lead and manage a team of direct reports, including setting goals, providing feedback, and developing team members.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business, or a related field.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a senior leadership role, ideally in a financial services organization.
- Strong background in finance and/or investment banking, with a deep understanding of the banking industry.
- Proven track record of managing and leading teams effectively.
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly adaptable and able to navigate the complexities of working within an international organization.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.