**Located in Santa Monica, CA. This role requires being in our office 5 days/week - we’re looking for someone eager to work side-by-side with the CEO. **
**Maximus **is a mission-driven consumer telemedicine company that provides men with content, community, and clinical support to optimize their health & hormones. Maximus has raised $5M from top Silicon Valley VCs such as Founders Fund and 8VC as well as leading angel investors/operators from companies like Bulletproof, Tinder, Coinbase, Daily Stoic, & Shopify.
Maximus is looking for a **Chief of Staff **to work in close partnership with the CEO. We are looking for a highly conscientious business generalist with sharp analytical skills, who is hungry to work hard in a fast-paced, “learn by doing” environment, at a mission-driven consumer telemedicine startup.
**PLEASE NOTE: **Culture is key at Maximus, so we get to know candidates holistically through this questionnaire. Please fill it out as honestly and intuitively as possible since it is designed to detect exaggeration, which will cause your application to be automatically rejected. The questionnaire is optional to submit now with your application, but candidates that do so will get strongly prioritized. Note, we do not have access to individual questions’ answers/choices.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you have completed it.
- Own responsibility for internal operations to ensure the company runs smoothly across all functions (finance, engineering, marketing, design, product, etc.).
- Ensure day-to-day business requirements are met to “keep the lights on” and running smoothly.
- Identify and manage implementation of innovative software, processes, and practices to ensure best-in-class company performance.
- Act as the right hand man to the CEO to ensure day-to-day operations runs flawlessly
- Applies analytical tools and frameworks to assess business strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for Maximus and work across the company to maximize success.
- Works with the CEO to identify, prioritize, and execute on special projects for the company that have transformative potential but do not have an executive assigned.
- Provides leadership to build a world-class company culture with a tight-knit ‘esprit de corps.’
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- **Industry: **Experience at top-tier management consulting, venture capital/private equity, corporate strategy, and/or a product-oriented role at a health technology or consumer products company.
- **Project Management: **Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects with overlapping deadlines.
- **Communication: **Refined communication skills with proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- **Analytics: **Exceptional analytical skills and a knack for solving new business problems as they arise.
- **Highly Conscientiousness: **Highly effective, organized, dutiful, self-disciplined, and careful. You are the type of person who used multiple colors of highlighters, and everyone wanted to borrow notes from. You never forget a task, execute it flawlessly, and are as reliable as clockwork.
- **Relentlessly Resourceful: **Highly proactive, does not quit, and finds innovative solutions with little guidance. Bias for action and ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- High Horsepower & Humility: High intellectual and physical energy. You eagerly solve big, complex, and ambiguous company problems, while having the humility to “roll your sleeves up” and do the dirty work without complaint.
- **Love of virtue & health: **Interest in modern-day men’s movements and personal development. Demonstrates personal dedication and interest in health optimization (you should walk the talk when it comes to diet, exercise, sleep, focus, and relationships).
- Premium Blue Shield Platinum PPO & HMO Plans (up to 100% coverage)
- Full Suite: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Best-in-class 401K options
- Flexible vacation/time-off policies
- Liquidity of options whenever available
- Extended options exercise window for loyal employees (3 months for every year of service; e.g. 1 year for 4+ year employees)
Maximus is an equal opportunity employer, which not only includes standard protected categories, but the additional freedom from discrimination against your free speech and beliefs, as long as they are aligned with company values. We celebrate intellectual diversity.