CHIEF OF STAFF
Learning Ally is a leading nonprofit education solutions organization that transforms the lives of struggling learners by delivering proven literacy solutions that help students reach their potential. Its mission is to radically change education, transforming the lives of children by providing reading interventions and solutions to help them succeed academically, build self-confidence, and thrive in school and beyond.
65% of fourth graders read below proficiency and are 400% more likely to drop-out of high school. And, for “most at risk” students (students of color, low income, English Language Learners and students with learning disabilities) the problem is even more acute.
Learning Ally seeks to break this cycle. With early student assessment, intervention and accommodation and professional development for educators, Learning Ally can identify and prevent learning issues by working with schools and educators to support new and struggling readers. Our solutions build a strong foundation for independent, engaged learners who are empowered to achieve socially, emotionally, and academically, regardless of background or learning difference.
Founded in 1948 as Recording for the Blind, to help soldiers who lost their sight in combat continue their education with audiobook products, Learning Ally has evolved to help individuals understand the unique ways they learn and match them to the solutions that enable personal achievement.
Today, Learning Ally reaches over 1,600,000 students, 260,000 educators and 21,600 schools across the country and continues to expand its reach. With a continued commitment to supporting students who learn differently, Learning Ally has joined researchers and neuroscientists from renowned institutions including UCSF and MIT, to better understand and address learning issues. You will find that our culture is one that is very committed to our mission, innovation, professional growth, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Chief of Staff serves as a right-hand partner to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and works closely with the Executive Leadership team. They are responsible for coordinating work across the leadership team and leading strategic projects that deliver high impact and business value for the organization. The ideal candidate will have high business acumen, act as an owner, and have great people skills to lead and influence across the organization and external partners. This leader is expected to work very closely with executive management to ensure accountability, execution, and delivery of critical organizational objectives
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify and prioritize key strategic projects to drive impact, as well as implement innovative and valuable solutions. When needed, develop and maintain integrated project plans, resource plans, risk and issue management plans, and other related project management artifacts, driving project progress against key milestones.
- Actively partner with CEO in meetings and lead participants to actionable items to ensure timely completion of projects, follow up, and execution
- Actively manage all CEO critical tasks, interpret needs, project management, prioritize tasks, offer solutions, and develop action plans
- Drive framework and process around quarterly, annual, and long-term strategic business planning
- Utilize data to produce trends and insights that drive business results and drive transparency across the organization by making data and reporting easily available
- Work with leaders to create content, and build visually appealing slide decks to support key messaging to both internal and external audiences; translate leadership vision and strategy into presentations that communicate meaning and impact for specific audiences
- Be able to solve problems, identify and track risks, actions, issues, decisions, dependencies, and synergies to ensure successful project completion
- Working with legal documents, attorneys, potential business partners and finance staff on business modeling
- Provide guidance, mentoring, training, and support to other team members surrounding specific project needs as well as working as an enterprise leader across the organization
- Continuously improve upon team processes, practices, and systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- B.S/B.A degree or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting senior-level executives on strategic initiatives and projects
- Experience in a Chief of Staff or like role a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to successful completion
- Ability and energy to work under pressure and enjoy uncertainty and business complexity
- Highly effective communicator with both internal and external stakeholders via live meetings, written communications and presentations
- Strong technical skills to access data across different systems
- Savvy in data analysis and problem solving
- Strong business acumen and structured thinking
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Expert knowledge of Project Management Software (e.g., Asana, Jira, Trello, etc.) and day-to-day business software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Suite products (Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.)
Learning Ally is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.