EZ ICE was founded in 2016 with the goal of growing the game of hockey by getting 1 million kids and families Off the Device & On the Ice ™ and enjoying the thrills of skating right in their very own backyards. Since 2016, EZ ICE has grown to become the industry leader — selling over 10,000 easy-to-install backyard ice rinks and $10+ million in annual revenue despite a crippled global supply chain and labor challenges over the past several years. Driven by a desire to continuously innovate its product offering, build robust internal systems, and have an amazing team of bright, talented, and gritty employees, EZ ICE continues to grow its business and maintain its prominent market position.
The Chief of Staff’s primary role is to function as an extension of the CEO, aiming to strengthen the CEO's impact across the organization by freeing up his bandwidth, improving how priorities are managed, improving communication, and facilitating quick decisions so that the organization can operate efficiently. This position is ideal for someone with both a strategic and operational mindset who wants to gain a strong understanding of all aspects of running a successful consumer products company in the sports, outdoor lifestyle, and active living space. The nature of the role demands an individual who can learn quickly, wear many “hats,” balance numerous priorities at the same time, and can distill complex information into easy to digest and simple summaries. The Chief of Staff will not have any direct reports or significant decision-making authority as their objective is to help empower the CEO to do both of these things more efficiently across all aspects of EZ ICE.
This role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (Mike Morris) and has the opportunity to support the Inventory and Chairman (Dylan Gastel).
This role is in-person and is based out of EZ ICE’s office in Newton Lower Falls, MA.
Who is a good fit?
- You have honed your capabilities through earning your MBA at a top-tier school and/or have demonstrated expertise in consulting or in a previous role with a focus on project management and operations.
- You are adept at capturing a CEO's vision and translating it into actionable tasks, understanding that your role is to optimize time, communications, and productivity for everyone in the organization.
- You are a powerful servant leader who leads by doing and empowers others to reach their full potential. This is not the role for someone who loves being the most outspoken person in the room and loves to wield their authority.
- You are comfortable in all areas of the business including Supply Chain, Sales, Product Development, Marketing, and Customer Service. If you aren't, you are driven to learn.
- You have strong data analytics skills and have proven experience with overseeing cross-functional projects.
- Your ability to facilitate meetings ensures they are structured, efficient, and outcome-driven.
- You enjoy working to make others successful. Understanding that your work isn’t always glamorous, you are rewarded when you see that your outputs are making the company and the CEO more efficient.
- You love working in spreadsheets, Powerpoint, managing a full inbox, and balancing a constantly evolving priority list. When needed, you enjoy owning special projects.
- The idea of contributing to a seasonal business, with its unique challenges and rewards, excites you. You understand backyard hockey and believe in the value it brings to communities and families.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5-10 years of experience working successfully in a dynamic competitive environment balancing a difficult workload with competing priorities.
- Proven ability to manage and track projects across various functions .
- Experience leading meetings, ensuring they are both strategic and efficient.
- Self-aware and humble.
- A history of leading others to successful outcomes.
- Process driven.
- Exceptional proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets.
- Incredible written and spoken communication skills.
- Enthusiastic about owning special projects, recognizing the constraints of a smaller team and stepping up where necessary.
- Able to represent the CEO's perspective in discussions, ensuring alignment with the company’s vision, mission, and operational strategy.
- Previous experience in an operational role, consulting, or a top-tier MBA is highly desired, with the capacity to adapt and contribute to a dynamic, passionate environment.
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) with vested matching
If interested in this role, please contact Hannah Minshew at firstname.lastname@example.org