About the job
Praxis Labs is a learning and development company with the mission of making society more equitable. Based in Brooklyn, NY, we leverage immersive learning experiences in Virtual Reality, combined with actionable data insights on our learning and reflection platform to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) for our clients and their employees (our learners!).
Praxis Labs was founded by women of color. As a diverse team, we bring our lived experiences and unique perspectives to bear as we seek to build the most efficacious and impactful learning experiences. We recently launched our flagship learning journey, Pivotal Experiences, with clients like Google, Uber, Airbnb, and Etsy and have been featured in Forbes, Essence, Afrotech, and Fortune.
As a fast growing mission-driven startup, we are looking for a Chief of Staff, reporting directly to our CEO, to help us grow and increase our impact.
We are returning to office for a couple days a week in New York City in the Spring of 2022 (pending COVID-19 health guidelines). In the interim, we are offering flexible work space.
Salary range: $140,000-$170,000
- In 1 month, you will have helped with day to day support for the CEO, supported the planning and execution of a team retreat, reviewed team processes and structures and identified areas for improvement
- In 3 months, you will have owned the prep and management of all team standups, created and implemented systems for the company to increase impact and efficiency, supported the development and roll out of our future learning journeys, and tracked organizational goals and developed reports for key stakeholders
- In 6 months, you will have taken ownership of one to two less developed functions and helped build out the vision for them alongside the CEO, driven operational success with the leadership team tracking our work to our operational model and identifying opportunities, gaps, and risks to key stakeholders, and partnered with internal stakeholders to drive our entry into new business markets
Role & Responsibilities
- Partner with Co-Founder and CEO, Elise Smith, to help Praxis Labs meet its near-term objectives and pursue its long-term mission
- Prepare for key team and company wide meetings including Leadership Team meetings, Board Meetings, and other ad-hoc strategy discussions
- Collaborate with department leads to develop and track company-wide success metrics
- Research and develop solutions to the most pressing challenges facing the company
- Investigate and explore new growth and product possibilities
- Work on mission-critical business analyses
- Build scalable processes to support organizational growth
- Experience with and/or proven passion for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strategic operator with ability to identify opportunities and solve problems independently
- Comfortable interacting with senior leaders, external partners, and staff at all levels
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to work with, visualize and interpret data
- Skilled at creating models in Excel and/or Google Sheets and operationalizing them
- Great at storytelling and building presentations for internal and external audiences
- Incredibly organized and great at creating systems and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Past experience in a hyper-growth company or experience scaling a team or process
Benefits & Perks
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive salary + equity
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Professional development budget
- Annual wellness stipend
- Work From Home stipend
- Quarterly team retreats
Due to COVID-19, we have moved to a temporary remote working environment - we recognize the challenges of working from home and welcome open dialogue on what the best hours and working environment looks like for each individual. We also provide a generous stipend for home office setup while we’re still fully remote.