Job Posting End Date: July 30Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum also has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, - and over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
This is a critically important position that works internally and externally to empower our top leaders to fulfill and maximize commitments to our employees, customers, partners, media, shareholders and Board of Directors. This position will serve in a leadership role to support the Chief Information Digital Officer’s Leadership Team and provide executive-level support to the Unum Group CIDO. This is a strategic role that will directly contribute in all management responsibilities, including general operations for the office of the CIDO. This position will plan and manage key operational activities, organize, and recommend executive participation, lead projects, and provide timely advice or key updates on critical programs or issues requiring the CIDO’S attention.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the CIDO organization’s core business goals and establish processes to help drive and prioritizes key projects, manage critical issues to ensure attention and focus of the executive team; ensures CIDO is fully prepared for upcoming commitments/events.
- Strategic oversight of all business operations and establish operational management decisions and actions.
- Manage targeted projects or initiatives and Coordinate and execute the agenda and strategy.
- Conduct research and creates background material for the leadership team.
- Facilitates communication among various work streams, organizations and/or stakeholders.
- Establish and manage strong working partnership with key business leaders, stakeholders, including internal and external partners, industry trade associations and public officials; ensuring timely updates and objectives are being attained.
- Interface with leadership administrative team by providing guidance and direction to drive results.
- Participate in meetings and commitments on behalf of CIDO; develop meeting agendas and manage meetings on behalf of the CIDO, preparing information and monitoring status of subsequent actions items.
- Oversee development of executive communications, including presentations, speeches, blogs and other communications (e.g. Offsite Meetings, Town Halls, and other business presentations)
- Represents the CIDO through experienced, knowledgeable, and polished interaction leaving an elevated professional image with internal and external stakeholders
- Regularly travels with the CIDO to major campuses and offsite meetings
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years work experience required, ideally in business strategy, consulting, operations or communications
- Strong business acumen, with an understanding of the Financial Services industry
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, including the ability to effectively partner, problem-solve and influence at the C-Suite level
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills with an ability to make connections, synthesize information and develop action plans
- Strong project management skills with an execution and results orientation
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively prioritize, adapt to change and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency to form solid business relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.