As we continue to grow, we are looking for our first Chief of Staff to support the efforts of our executive team on all parts of the business. The Chief of Staff will play a critical role in strategic development and prioritization of projects and initiatives in close step with the CEO. You will partner with members of Monograph leadership, spearhead special projects, and facilitate new strategic initiatives. We are looking for a talented, motivated, organized, and analytical individual who will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Also, our team works a 4-day (32hr) workweek 🤩. Apply Now
What is Monograph?
Monograph is modernizing design professionals’ back office with a beautiful, data-driven platform to help them manage, plan, and grow their companies. Our mission is to let architects get back to doing what they love and do best—design—not finance, management, or Excel.
Why work at Monograph?
- People first: Core to the team, we believe in people first, curiosity, and empathy. You'll be our ambassador and deploy your genuine value for relationships to drive success and happiness.
- Build a company that will redefine architecture: Project management is just the beginning...we have big ambitions to help facilitate the entire design process from becoming the document source of truth to coordinating with consultants. You can shape the future of building design.
- Work with some of the best product people in the world: From working with companies like IDEO, Google X, and Figma, we’re a team of highly productive individual contributors with a strong design background.
What will you do at Monograph as the Chief of Staff?
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads.
- Assist our CEO in formulating the strategy and direction of the business through the assimilation of data and the input needed to make informed decisions.
- Design, document, and implement processes that improve our communication, decision-making, and execution across the team.
- Track and investigate mission-critical business analyses and modeling with data and metrics.
- Administrative responsibilities including scheduling, email & ad hoc projects
- Assist in the planning and coordination of communication with the board and investors.
- Systematize the strategic planning processes in the company and help align them across the various departments.
What you'll bring
- Strong general business skills and acumen – MBA preferred.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
- You are an organized, detail-oriented and smart strategic thinker.
- High level of empathy – can find the best way to interact with various stakeholders.
- Strong ability to work with numbers – advanced finance and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- You will work PST hours so you can collaborate effectively and efficiently with our CEO, Robert.
What benefits can you expect? 4-day work week (32hrs), health and dental insurance, and new laptop/equipment of your choice. Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely? This role is full-time and a fully remote position based in the United States. What is the company culture like? Our amazing friend Lynne interviewed us about our company culture—read about it on her website Key Values. What efforts are you making in terms of increasing diversity & inclusion within your company? With two minority founders and a new parent founder, we're focused on having a welcoming environment for all backgrounds and experiences. We actively source candidates from non-traditional backgrounds knowing that diversity in thought and education ultimately results in a better company. We also have solid work-life balance (32hrs/week), knowing that there's a lot more in your life than just your job. Where can I learn more about the founding team? Robert our fearless CEO is a Michigan alum and spent time working at several architecture firms including SOM before founding Monograph. Formerly roommates and grads of MIT, Dixon and Moe lead the product team having spent 5 years building software for tech companies and architecture firms.