The Chief of Staff, Office of the CEO, will have broad responsibility and be a key partner for the CEO in managing enterprise team management agenda. The position will drive several key planning processes and strategic projects.
The scope of the position includes:
- oversight of critical business initiatives;
- supporting major change initiatives;
- driving development of key corporate materials including board presentations, executive communications, and corporate performance dashboards;
- and ensuring timely operationalization of executive decisions.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented, experienced, highly skilled corporate strategist and/or management consultant to put theory into practice.
- Strategic Planning: Partner with the CEO and SLT peers to design, develop, and implement 3-year business strategic plan for the organization.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of the organizational roadmap, as developed by the SLT, including requisite strategic imperatives, operational plans, and organizational/infrastructural requirements needed to accelerate business progress and achievement of stated goals.
- Organizational Development: Build positive, productive working relationships with the CEO, ELT, and organizational peers to facilitate organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and performance.
- Drive the seamless, cross-functional implementation of strategic initiatives.
- As the “right-hand” to the CEO, work diligently to translate leadership vision into actionable/operational plans and partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Business Analysis: Leverage technology, analytics, metrics, and dashboards to define, track, assess, and regularly communicate KPI performance to the SLT, enabling them to make effective business decisions.
- Serve as the resident SME for ongoing assessment of internal opportunities for organizational efficiencies.
- Manage operational support to ensure achievement of gains in productivity and impact of the CEO.
- Provide strategic support for the outward facing activities of the CEO.
- Execute in-depth strategic and operational analyses of internal business opportunities and lead enterprise-wide implementation of agreed-upon Operating Plan and Strategic Initiatives.
- Manage the administrative functions of the office of the CEO (e.g., manage the team of EAs, oversee event planning, and manage offsites).
- Oversee the communication function for the organization, both internally and externally, and partner with the CFO on external investor relations.
- Formulate and compile reports for the CEO, and the Board, in a succinct format, enabling the CEO to understand where his business is and what issues need to be addressed.
- Acts as the primary link to the Board of Directors, including communication, distribution of information, and other Board operational activities.
- Manage Executive Team (ET) meeting agendas, minutes, agreed upon action items, and ensure timely follow-up of key initiatives.
- Create and coordinate implementation of processes for the execution of confidential operational tasks, special projects, and urgent or complicated issues.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve and streamline existing business processes, decision making, meeting effectiveness, and communications.
- Advise management on situations that may require CEO attention.
- Responsible for effective written and oral communications from the CEO office.
- Deploy excellent analytical skills in the review of complex strategic issues and provide input and recommendations towards innovative solutions.Understand the legal/compliance environment and drive collaboration with Legal & Compliance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; higher-level scientific degree strongly preferred
- MBA from a top academic business school highly desired
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Prior scientific training and/or an aptitude for analyzing and understanding complex scientific issues desired
- Ideally possesses strong foundational experience within a biotech / biopharma organization.
- Must be a highly accomplished and skilled business strategist demonstrating extensive analytical horsepower in working with a diverse leadership group, spanning multiple functional activities.
- Dynamic, highly motivated self-starter with strong executive presence, exceptional interpersonal skills, and a focus and drive to succeed. This person will be comfortable interacting and leading discussions with top company executives, Board members, and other key stakeholders.
- Opportunity to partner directly with the CEO (an internationally renowned pioneer in T cell therapy) as a thought partner, trusted confidante, and business strategist.
- Opportunity to join, at ground-level, a high-growth biotech disruptor revolutionizing the treatment of autoimmune and degenerative diseases through regulatory T cell therapies.
- High-visibility role with opportunity for long-term growth within the broader business.
Sonoma Biotherapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Sonoma BioTherapeutics, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees. Sonoma BioTherapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly - if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - resumes may also be submitted without applying for a specific job. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at email@example.com