The most important time on our calendars is the space between meetings. Clockwise is a new way of working designed to take back those precious moments—and free up more time for ourselves every day—so we can feel present when we’re working together and focused when we’re working on our own.
Clockwise learns about the things that matter to us and to our coworkers and makes time for both, using AI to find the right moments for people to meet while saving focus time for each of us. That’s what a sustainable future of work looks like. And that’s what every day at Clockwise looks like.
We can’t fix our schedules on our own. But we can build the solution together. Join us, and let’s rework the workday.
We're proud to have the backing of premier investors such as Accel and Greylock Partners. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, Dropbox, Palantir, and Google. Join us as we help the world make time for what matters.
The Chief of Staff to the COO at Clockwise will have a large impact on the efficiency and productivity of the company, streamlining business initiatives, driving program management and communicating cross-functional objectives. You will drive forward on organizational priorities and identify key areas of leverage for the company and for the COO. You will also have a front row seat to the leadership team at a high growth company.
What You’ll Do
- Reporting directly into the COO and collaborating closely with the CEO, you will own key cross-functional initiatives that are important business priorities.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the operational rhythm of the business, including OKRs and annual planning.
- You will own the agenda for leadership meetings, facilitating healthy discussions of the most important topics for the business.
- In collaboration with the COO, you will identify high impact projects and/or processes that need to be created or improved. You will develop project plans, get buy-in from stakeholders, and execute on those plans.
- You will stay close to the key operating metrics of the business to identify and raise key focus areas for the business.
- You will act as a strategic partner for the COO and CEO, providing leverage to the executive team.
- Great project management & collaboration skills - know how to get things done when there are a lot of stakeholders
- Excellent communicator - can clearly explain the problem you’re trying to solve, can get buy-in for your solution, and can effectively communicate with concise, clear language
- Ability to bring others along and inspire followership through times of change
- Curious - excited to touch many areas of the business and learn about their needs
- Strong executive presence - can work effectively with company leadership and can foster healthy conflict amongst the team to ensure we are confronting the most critical business objectives
- Good working knowledge of the internal workings of startups - understand & have good intuition for the needs & responsibilities of different functions
- Consulting experience or 3+ years of experience at a high growth tech company preferred
Clockwise is committed to a work experience that exemplifies our values-driven culture and this starts with empathy for everyone who joins our team. To this end, Clockwise offers both fully-distributed and flexible in-office options for new employees.
Fully Distributed: Clockwise has adopted remote-first rituals and technology for all employees in order to create an excellent employee experience for those who opt to work fully-distributed. This extends not only to a stipend for your home office, but through all our company rituals, including a commitment to get together, in person, on a regular cadence. Please note that we’re open to employees located anywhere in the domestic United States.
In-Office: For those who wish to have a physical office to return to, we also offer a flexible option to work from our San Francisco HQ. We have a beautiful, fun, spacious office where everyone can work productively and collaboratively. Our San Francisco HQ is located in the Financial District, a block from the Montgomery Street Muni & Bart station.
What We Offer (non-exhaustive)
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness stipend
- Virtual happy hours & events
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
In the Press
What Drives Clockwise
Empathy - we work to fully understand our customers and teammates, especially when we disagree
Authenticity - we speak openly and candidly while embracing our teammates’ individuality
Focus - we spend our time deliberately and don’t wait to do the things that matter
Drive - we relentlessly pursue success and aren't afraid to get outside our comfort zone
Curiosity - we seek out opportunities to learn and continuously question how we can improve
Enthusiasm - we love what we do and are excited to share it with the world
Clockwise is looking to build a diverse team of individuals that share our core values. If these values resonate with you, please apply below or email us at email@example.com.