Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For
As Skillz continues its rapid growth, we are looking for a Chief of Staff reporting directly to our CEO. The Chief of Staff will play a critical role in creating efficiencies within the office of the CEO by maximizing reach across the organization, managing strategic priorities and supporting relationships with key stakeholders.
What You Will Do
- Act as a strategic advisor and liaison to CEO; sounding board for new ideas and initiatives
- Drive decision-making velocity by representing the Office of the CEO. Act as a proxy for the CEO in meetings, ensure content is accurate and reflective of the CEO's decision
- Maximize CEO's reach across the organization. Keep pulse, transfer knowledge and connect dots across functions
- Develop and manage communications on behalf of the CEO
- Facilitates effective decision-making throughout the organization
- Own structure and deliverables for Board and other key meetings, preparing agenda, assigning and following up on action items
- Ensure meetings requested with CEO are relevant, well structured and that participants are prepared
- Attend meetings on behalf of the CEO, report back synthesized key information and requests. Act as the CEO's proxy when appropriate
- Build,develop and support relationships with key stakeholders internally and key partnerships externally
- Formulate and compile succinct reports for CEO to understand where the business is and what needs to be addressed; advise on situations that require additional support or escalation
- Prior experience as a Chief of Staff, ideally to the CEO
- Knowledge and success in C-level interactions and deep discussions around corporate strategy
- Hyper-growth company experience a plus
- Intellectual curiosity and personal integrity
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.