About Tomorrow Health
Tomorrow Health is a technology-driven home healthcare company changing the way that individuals and families manage care. ** **Tomorrow Health enables exceptional healthcare for patients and their families in the place they want to be most — home. By partnering with payors, referring providers and suppliers, Tomorrow Health streamlines the home-based care process to elevate the patient experience. Its data-driven platform matches patients and their families with high-quality home medical supplies and services, simplifies ordering and insurance processes, and offers high-touch support at every step. By combining technology-enabled operations with personalized service, Tomorrow Health curates the products and support best suited for the clinical needs of patients. Most importantly, the company’s Care Advocates provide end-to-end guidance — working on behalf of the patients to serve as they would for their own family members.
Tomorrow Health is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Obvious Ventures, Box Group, and Rainfall Ventures, and individuals including C-level executives from Flatiron Health, Quartet, Stripe, Massachusetts Medicaid, and the World Bank. The company’s Advisory Board includes Trevor Fetter (former CEO of Tenet Healthcare), Roy Beveridge (former Chief Medical Officer of Humana), Phyllis Yale (Senior Advisor at Bain and Board Member of BCBS MA) and Eric Hargan (former Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services).
We believe that a team’s strength is in its people. Our goal is to raise the industry standard for patient experience, and we realize this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the vast diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and set of experiences and perspectives of the patients we serve. We believe in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. If you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to serve people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment, we hope you’ll join us.
About the role
You will work directly with the CEO to manage and drive key strategic and operational initiatives. This will involve leading high-priority cross-functional projects, while ensuring alignment and accountability across the leadership team and organization. This will involve collaborating with executives to design and implement processes that will enable our business to scale effectively, and serving as a liaison between the CEO and various internal and external stakeholders. You will serve as the “right hand” to the CEO in areas such as strategic and financial planning, goal setting, board and investor updates, fundraising and more.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business objectives, how teams work, and the key internal and external stakeholders needed to accomplish goals.
- Prepare quarterly Board materials and investor updates, as well as summary Board materials and takeaways designed for broader company-wide visibility.
- Support the CEO for external engagements including business development meetings, conference presentations, investor dialogues and recruitment of key hires and board members. You will play a critical role in ensuring the success of these efforts and are often expected to attend alongside the CEO
- Serve as a thought partner to the CEO and executives in strategic and financial planning, goal-setting, and people & operational initiatives.
- Directly lead a range of cross-functional efforts strategic initiatives across the team
- Collaborate with our People team and executives to hire and onboard key talent, and develop and implement processes for measuring and improving outcomes.
- Independently identify needs across the organization and make recommendations to the CEO on which to prioritize and how to address these needs.
- Project management
- Consistently delivers outcomes with little oversight, and leverages influence across the organization to garner support for these initiatives.
- A self-starter who is quick to translate ideas into phased action plans, set objectives, and see these objectives through to completion, either as an individual contributor or a manager.
- Exceptional at juggling competing priorities, particularly across a number of mission critical, multifaceted and ongoing initiatives.
- Employs best in class written, verbal and interpersonal skills to build buy-in from colleagues with diverse personalities and skill sets.
- Capable of developing and delivering compelling presentations, and running efficient and productive meetings internally and externally, regardless of format or audience.
- Business acumen & analytical skills
- Able to make sound decisions and demonstrate good business judgement when faced with ambiguity, and able to create clarity and structure for the team where there is none
- Highly analytical orientation along with a strategic mindset
- Able to “go deep” on an analytical challenge when necessary, but also understand when to apply the 80/20 rule to find a satisfactory solution.
- Culture carrier
- Embodiment of the Tomorrow Health values and consistently demonstrating integrity, empathy, character, and professionalism in all business dealings.
- Deep mission orientation and commitment to building a world-class operation to transform patients’ healthcare journeys and lives.
- Excellent EQ, demonstrating self-reflection and self-awareness.
- Demonstrates a “whatever it takes” attitude to deliver desired outcomes, understanding that no task is too small to accomplish our mission and transform patients’ lives.
- Feels responsibility and ownership over Tomorrow Health’s success.
- Intellectually curious, hungry to learn, and motivated by challenges that are large and unfamiliar.
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, investment banking or investing, and/or demonstrated success in an operations, growth or strategy role for a high-growth start-up.
- Healthcare experience is not required, but a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem and alignment with the Tomorrow Health mission is critical.
- An MBA is preferred, but not required.
- You believe deeply in the idea that the future of healthcare can be significantly better and is driven by the opportunity we have in front of us to make it a reality.
- You have a track record of continual learning and improvement throughout your career.
- You strive for operational excellence and know that there is always room to do better.