Job Title: Chief of Staff to the Chief Publishing Officer
Reports To: Chief Publishing Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Revised: June 2022
Square Enix is seeking a highly organized and strategic thinker to become our first Chief of Staff to support the Chief Publishing Officer. In this role, you will assist the CPO in interacting with Headquarters in Japan, providing language and cultural insights and helping to build stronger relationships between the western Publishing team and the eastern Publishing Team. As such, you will play a central role in helping to carry out the western Publishing team vision and strategy. You will work directly with functional leaders throughout the Publishing organization to help coordinate internal projects, communicate plans and priorities, and follow-up on deliverables.
Essential duties and key deliverables:
- You will be responsible for coordinating the communication of key plans and policies to the Publishing team, including our release calendar, minutes and notes from executive meetings, and key deliverable and milestone dates.
- You will be responsible for the creation and management of the Publishing Team internal website, working with Publishing stakeholders to determine key functional needs and design, as well as operational plans and procedures.
- You will track our strategic planning process, ensuring that western strategy plans are being delivered on time and through the proper framework.
Building Stronger Relations with Japan
- You will assist the Chief Publishing Officer in building stronger ties to executive leaders in Japan by providing counsel to the CPO on Japanese business culture and language/translation support.
- You will assist in the formulation of executive presentations, working with the CPO and Publishing stakeholders to collect inputs and information and to ensure that reports are presented clearly and concisely.
- You will attend key executive meetings alongside the CPO and offer counsel and insights. You will work with the CPO to create and disseminate executive meeting notes and communications to the Publishing team and to follow-up on deliverables.
Integrator and Communicator
- You will work as a delegate of the Chief Publishing Officer to ensure that Publishing teams are working in a coordinated way by fostering communication between the different functional groups across the marketing, sales, community and support teams. You will help to identify any barriers to progress and work with stakeholders to help overcome those barriers.
- You will work with the CPO and internal Communications teams to help craft essential communications to the wider Publishing teams.
- Fluent in both Japanese and English. Excellent written and spoken communication skills across both languages.
- Familiarity with operating directly within Japanese business culture.
- High level of integrity and the demonstrated ability to handle cross-cultural sensitivities in a professional manner.
- Demonstrable project management experience.
- Demonstrable experience creating a culture of cooperation, collaboration and open communication at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced diverse environment.
- Accurate, dependable, adaptable, analytical, with strong organizational skills.
- Authentic and genuine, builds rapport effortlessly
- Positive and professional attitude
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience working within a customer-facing marketing or sales organization at a manager level or above.
- Experience working within or with Japanese companies is preferred.
- Exceptional project management, problem solving and analytics skills.
- Experience in working across corporate matrices to build consensus and strategic alignment.
- MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of and passion for video games is strongly desired.