The Chief of Staff will be a key member of our team supporting our organizational growth with lightweight scalable systems and collaborating closely with our CEO to execute operations. This is a growth opportunity to contribute to the infrastructure of our company and broadly see and support what goes into scaling a tech startup. This is not an executive-level COO role.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with our CEO to facilitate the rhythm of the business, coordinate day-to-day operations, and execute special projects
- Support our team to do their best work by building and facilitating scalable systems for contracts, finance, IT, and operations. You will collaborate with in-house teammates and external service providers
- Pitch in on other projects as needed; we’re a startup and we often need help in various areas as we grow. You may support recruiting, people ops, office management, team events, or other areas
- This role may include personnel management depending on your experience and interest
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of related experience
- Related bachelor's degree or master’s degree. MBA is a bonus
- Ability to understand organizational strategy and then propose a plan to execute independently or by leading a team
- Drive to complete multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced and sometimes ambitious environment
- Transparent and fantastic communication in writing and in person, internally and externally, to a variety of audiences including engineers and business folks
- Tech savvy, including ability to learn GitHub
- No task too small or too big mindset
- Occasional travel
- Experience working at a growth-oriented venture-backed startup is preferred
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
- 100% medical coverage for you and your dependents, and 99% coverage for dental and vision. 100% premium coverage for short term and long term disability.
- Wellness Benefits Visa Card to promote and encourage healthy activities and lifestyle.
- 401K with 100% matching up to 6%. 100% vested from day one.
- Remote Workspace Benefit- $1,000 expense to buy office furniture for your remote workspace
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, including a winter break
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible credits
- Frequent team social events
- Center city office with roof deck and just steps from public transit
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office
- Commuter benefit for public transit and parking
Cesium was awarded
- 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by Geospatial Media and Communications
- One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in Motion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
This position is based out of our Philadelphia, PA. We are currently primarily remote due to covid; we expect activity at the office to increase in June 2022.