Excelerate Energy is changing the way the world accesses clean, affordable, and reliable energy. We are focused on providing flexible LNG solutions to emerging markets across the globe and delivering a lesser emitting form of energy to markets that often rely on coal as their primary energy source.
We strive to achieve sustainable results by delivering what we promise and by investing in our people, assets, and technology while promoting a culture of safety, quality, and environmental stewardship.
We believe our human capital is our most valuable asset. We hire exceptional people who thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of safety, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Together, we can create a better future by delivering clean energy to the global communities that need it most.
The Chief of Staff to the CEO will collaborate with the CEO and management team members to determine, prioritize, and execute on business needs, serving as a trusted liaison for the CEO. The Chief of Staff will be centrally involved in setting and communicating operational and strategic priorities from the CEO, tracking and reporting on progress to key stakeholders (including CEO, management team, Board, etc.). The Chief of Staff will additionally manage coordination of meeting content and follow-ups, and will arrange, in conjunction with the Executive Assistant, engagements with external stakeholders. The Chief of Staff will ensure the CEO is prepared for all external and most internal engagements. This role has the potential to rotate into other roles within the business over time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Strategically managing the CEO's time: working with executive assistant, looking at long term travel calendar, evaluating opportunities and determining fit with priorities.
- Meeting preparation- reviewing upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the leader has all the information needed to be as productive as possible in the meeting and sending out meeting agendas to attendees.
- Managing regular meeting cadence for the leadership team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, through active facilitation, ensure time is well spent, objectives are achieved, and action items are followed up on
- Taking notes during key/select meetings that the CEO attends and making sure that the action items from the meeting are executed.
- May attend meetings/call on behalf of the CEO if he cannot attend
- Monitoring information flow: sometimes acting as a gatekeeper, ensuring the CEO's involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
- In collaboration with Executive Assistant, marketing and other groups, plan company retreats and other special events
- Highlight escalation points, trouble spots, identify causes, and potential solutions. Work with stakeholders to resolve issues proactively and with urgency.
- Tracking, reporting and following-up on the status key initiatives various internal or external constituents.
- Organize information and decision-making processes to facilitate alignment from the CEO and management team
- Manage and execute on special projects as designated by the CEO
- Provide a strategic point of view and recommendations to the CEO and/or leadership team
- Anticipate potential issues and proactively address them on behalf of the CEO
- Oversee daily meetings and operations: Track and prioritize CEO task list; review at the end of each business day, in conjunction with the Executive Assistant, liaise with the Executive Assistant to ensure meetings and follow-ups are complete, set agendas / keeping contents of meeting(s) focused
- Set and enforce templates for CEO briefing memoranda. The CEO should be prepared for each meeting/engagement with a consistent set of contexts, participants, motivations/goals, and if applicable, talking points. Each briefing memo must be reviewed and approved by relevant management team member (depending on counterpart) and COS before it goes to the CEO at least 12 hours before meeting start-time. COS and Executive Assistant will enforce deadlines.
- Working with Investor relations and internal communications teams, draft and review communications
- Plan and coordinate CEO travel outside of Houston: The Chief of Staff will travel with the CEO on many, most engagements outside of Houston. If the CoS does not travel with the CEO, he/she is responsible for appointing a Trip Lead who will travel and liaise with local/region office (if applicable), enterprise security, and executive assistant on all logistical, programming, and administrative aspects of the visit.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and brainstorming partner to CEO and the Executive Leadership team
Strategic and tactical support:
- Provides strategic, analytical and project management support, and keeps leadership abreast of noteworthy events, milestones, and issues in their area of responsibility.
- In conjunction with the CEO, define and improve the rhythm of the business: collaborate with executive team members to determine and prioritize business strategies, assessing risk when business decisions are made, providing support to special projects and initiatives
Perform all other duties as assigned
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel Required: Up to 20%
Work Authorization: Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Sponsorship for this role is not being offered at this time.
Affirmative Action / EEO Statement
It is the policy of Excelerate Energy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field; Master's Degree (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role in a complex business, or in the public sector
- Demonstrate a practical, commonsense approach to business issues and problem-solving.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and identify their core elements.
- A warm and pleasant personality with excellent interpersonal skills, especially with experience in dealing with senior leaders.
- High level of maturity.
- Strong organizational skills as seen in ability to work simultaneously with multiple teams and coordinate processes.
- Self-motivated, driven and ability with complete tasks / initiatives end-to-end with nominal supervision.
- Impeccable communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Strong sense of responsibility to the company and its goals.
- Highest level of integrity for their commitments and those of others.
- Highly discipled and structured.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion and professionalism
- Ability to interface with all levels of management, representing the company culture and values positively
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and remain organized and focused on the most important tasks.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, while identifying and implementing process improvements
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to supporting executives.
- Up to 20% travel required in support of key CEO engagements.
- Detail-oriented and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Hardworking attitude with a no task is too small approach
- Demonstrated senior leadership skills and abilities in enterprise-level strategic and operational planning.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to understand data.
- Exceptional business acumen and communication skills required
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion, exercising sound judgment, and being proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Exceptional in production of materials for internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to adapt well to changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, as necessary.
- Able to work in a quick-paced environment and the ability to be a strong change agent
COVID-19 Vaccination Status: This role requires full vaccination status against COVID-19.